Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through June 19, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Archive Thru July 2002 » NYC Green Spew Combine » Archive through June 19, 2002 « Previous Next »

Louched_Liver
Posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 2:54 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

2ly,

I'd be glad to see ya for an early tipple. Rimbaud has expressed some interest as well. Rudy's is just 2 blocks from the official venue, and you we can get free hotdogs!!
Marccampbell
Posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 2:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

louche,

I am offering some esoteric fairy juice
for the NY gathering. My gift to all who attend.

You know how to reach me.

Marc
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 1:36 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am bringing Bob Chong's dried pineal gland, but he doesn't need to know that, so don't say anything to him. It might make the...collection... more difficult.

Also, some adrenochrome harvested from steel workers.
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 1:11 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

okay... now what drugs are people bringing???
Marccampbell
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 11:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

CHONGER!
Bunnylebowski
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 11:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

As Lenin Said...
I am the Walrus?
Shut the fuck up Donny!

nice to see you Bob.
Bob_Chong
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I didn't watch my buddies die face down in the muck, so that this fucking STRUMPET--
2loucheltrec
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 7:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

i've got most of a 1L bottle of betty's #4 le bleue that i've trying not to drink so i can bring it to NYC GT, i also got a bottle of fine wine i told wolfgang i'd bring for guest that aren't enraptured with the green fairy,
LL- i like the brunch idea, oh and you should be getting an email from me soon, i found another 'round to-it...i have no definite arrival time yet but i should be there mid to late afternoon on the 29th... shall we try to meet before the 8 pm opening at the "venue" ?
Louched_Liver
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Bunny-bow,
I feel ya.

I'm bringing my last bit of Old Way I've been holding onto for ages plus whatever Wolvie's I've got left as it seems 1,000% certain none will show up in time to bring it in any quantity.
Bunnylebowski
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 2:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I rest my case.
Traineraz
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 2:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Bunny -

I recommend reading what's here for reviews (many have very recently been posted), plus the buyer's guide.

If you order from SC, I have one VERY IMPORTANT word for you, which I shall repeat thrice:

AIRMAIL!

AIRMAIL!

AIRMAIL!

Also, remember that shipping is the big expense . . . each bottle runs about $12-15, or Segarra is about $30, but the shipping on one bottle is about $50.

NOTE: Shipping is the same cost for ONE bottle as for TWO. I recommend buying TWO brands that you want to try; you'll pay about $70 or so for two bottles once shipping's included, or you can pay $55 or so for just one.

A final note: The least-bad of the Czech absinthes, Sebor, is made by Martin Sebor. A new Czech "crapsinthe" calling itself "Sebor Strong" is made by a DIFFERENT distillery, fraudulently using the passable name of Sebor. It is often referred to in this forum (especially by me) as the NASTY SEBOR STRONG. It's best suited for use as drain cleaner. I have not tried Hill's, but I can't imagine it being WORSE than the Nasty Sebor Strong.

I have one word about Sebor Strong, which I shall also repeat thrice:

DON'T!

DON'T!

DON'T!

DON'T!
(an extra time to be sure it sinks in)
Bunnylebowski
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 1:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

What, protracted conversations about house pests, cats, weight lifting, and the virtue of fearing government/ socialized medicine/all things left wing not enough to stimulate ya?

It stimulates me to drink....

So I was thinking about ordering from SC, does anybody know how long it will take for my order to arrive? What's a distilled absinthe? Isn't that the same as a macerated one? Sorry, but I'm too busy posting every 30 seconds to read the archives....
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 1:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am bringing Oxygenee and Serpis.
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 1:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Do you have a list of what will be available ?
Louched_Liver
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 1:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

And, answering the unasked question-
Nope, no Jade will be representing.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 1:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

An oven, hell there's a full kitchen. I really don't think that the food will be very important at all w/all the scintillating conversation that will be going off.
To answer Pikkle Puss' question, I myself will not be arriving until 4ish on Sat. If anyone wants to get together at one of the finer dives in The City, we can meet @ Rudy's for a couple of scoops. As always, just lemme know. I think we should plan on having brunch somewhere the next day once we are face to face. Y'know, to take the edge off the next day. Keep things rollin' as it were.

karimarvin@msn.com
Tortainglese
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 11:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I think the food should be simple so when we all vomit it wont be too disgusting.
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 5:11 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Better be happening, I did my hotel reservations yesterday !

Food ? Natchos with lots of cheeze and salsa ! (Is there an oven to bake it there ?)

...and pistachios.
Marccampbell
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 3:40 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

louche, how right you are.
the forum has been terrible of late.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 3:37 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh Yee of little faith.

IT'S STILL ON!!!!!

This here forum has just been too boring to entice me to post, let alone read.
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 12:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

hmm... so I shant be needed after all? I say a nice smoked turkey breast pate should be sufficient... oh and tic-tacs...
Bunnylebowski
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Pikkles. Lots of Pikkles.....
Tortainglese
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

yes, is there any confirmation that this NYC thing is happening? I just discovered I have to work the next day. OUCH! Recipe for disaster...

I said I would bring food. what do you people want to eat?
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Me and Y are gonna go to Drunk Erics house in Brooklyn first, cause thats where we will be falling unconsious.
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm getting in country Friday the 28th about 10pm or so... where's everyone meeting up at prior to the big shindig? Or is this happening? It had better be or I'll kick your collective ass!!!

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page