Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Image editor and the art of posting p...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Archive Thru July 2002 » Archive Thru July 2002 » Image editor and the art of posting pictures here. « Previous Next »

Raschied
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 9:28 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

The new Photoshop Elements is a godsend for guys like me, who can't afford the real thing, but want professional level image manipulation.

No more phuked up programs like (AAAGH) PhotoDeluxe and (BLEEAGH) Microsoft's PictureIt.
Admin
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 1:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

hrm, ok. someone just informed me this worked for them ... I thought I was on to something there. oh well.
Admin
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 1:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

ALSO, helpful hint: make sure your image name is ONE WORD.

example: this_is_my_pic.jpg

or: thisismypic.jpg

NOT: this is my pic.jpg

this works on yer desktops, but not on the web (ie UNIX).
Artemis
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 12:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have image editors out the wazoo, including Paint Shop, and no matter how I size pictures, or what I do to them, they (sometimes) don't post. I don't bother anymore; I just ask Kallisti to do it.
Wolfgang
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 8:07 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ok, here's something that can be usefull to some who have difficulties posting images. One of the main difficulty is the 50k file size limit. You sometimes have to lower the file quality to be able to post an image. Many shareware can do this.

You can find those sharewares in the multimedia section there : TUCOW

A good one is Paint shop pro. it's a 30 days trial but cracks are easy to find...

You can do file/export/jpeg optimizer and then play on the compression factor while looking at the resulting file size vs image quality. You can also use the crop tool to cut only the part of the picture you want to show if you don't need the whole image, that will reduce the file size too.

Test

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page