Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Another new book about absinthe. Kn...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Archive Thru July 2002 » Another new book about absinthe. Know about this one? « Previous Next »

Petermarc
Posted on Friday, July 5, 2002 - 2:47 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

M-C D's new book is an 'absinthe primer' suitable for the coffee table...nice cover, photos, but no more(in fact much less) info than her new 'son histoire'...i think this was created to get her more exposure than her other books which are too hard to find and to explain a little more about modern trends...
Tortainglese
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 9:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

There is a new book called "Epicurean Collectibles" published by Southern Living. It's a big glossy art book about antique dishes and bar ware. There is a short chapter on absinthe with beautiful stylish photos of spoons, glasses, fountains, and a very beautiful silver spoon holder stuffed with a variety of spoons. Some turn of the century absinthe posters can be seen in the background. Check it out just to see the dazzling photos. I found it in Barnes and Noble book store on Broadway at 82nd st.
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 9:38 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

The cover reminds me of those glossy "On the Cocktail/On the Cigar"-style books so popular a few years ago. When you have a chance, Ted ... how is the photo quality?
Tabreaux
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 9:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have that one....haven't had a chance to scrutinize it yet.
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 9:27 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

A French book by good old Marie-Claude Delahaye, it's being sold on eAbsinthe.com's website. Does anyone here know more about it? Called:

"Promenade Autour de l'Absinthe, d'Hier a Aujourd'hui"
('A Walk Around Absinthe, From Yesterday To Today')
Published by Sekoya Editions
Besançon, 2001.

my picture

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page