Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Things you didn't know you didn't kno...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » The Monkey Hole » Things you didn't know you didn't know « Previous Next »

Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 6:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The Greek Chorus
The Dungeon
Ecstasy of Der Fuhrer
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 5:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Where do you find these pictures!!
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 5:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Head Grippin
Admin
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Russ Meyers fan #1 right here.

My cat is named Z-Man.

poor girl, she's such a princess too.
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes!!!
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Fish Head
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Worth every penny for the photos alone ...
Barsnake
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Everytime I drive by San Onofre Nuke Power plant on the way to San Diego I think of Ole Russ!
Barsnake
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I just checked his website - his autobio is now on sale. A bit pricey at $199 - but 2500 photos!
http://www.rmfilms.com/book.shtml
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Beneath the Valley of the Ultravixens.
_Blackjack
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

Were you able to lick your elbow?

Not the tip of it, but I can definitely touch the side of the joint. I little practice and I'm sure I could manage.

I knew a guy in high school who could touch the bottom of a slurpee cup with his tongue...he was popular with the ladies...
Barsnake
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Both films were Russ Meyer's work. Any RM fans out there? Marc, please tell me you're one of them!
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Don't forget the screenplay he wrote for "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls".

"Z-man! You're a chick!" A fun account by Ebert himself:

http://www.suntimes.com/ebert/ebert_reviews/1997/08/081101.html
Pataphysician
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Roger Ebert wrote the original script for the Sex Pistol's movie "Great Rock'n'Roll Swindle". The script was entitled "Who Killed Bambie?"
Bunnylebowski
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I tried to lick my elbow, and was successful, but that's because I have a Gene Simmons length tongue.

In every Coen Brothers film there is a sound of a hubcap rolling down the street.

Their picture editor, Roderick Jaynes, is actually Joel Coen, editing under a pseudonym. He's been nominated for an oscar!

Robert DeNiro wrote the final draft of Raging Bull, but didn't want a credit. The script is initialed RDN at the bottom of every page.

Mel Brooks produced the Elephant Man, but kept his name off all the posters to prevent people from thinking its a comedy.
Barsnake
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 2:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The govt regulations remind me of the label on Bonny Doon's flagship red wine Le Cigar Volant.
Apparently in the 50's the French were afraid spaceships might land and destroy the vineyards. They passed a law against them landing. It must work, nobody has reported any landings. The label on the wine bottle features a flying cigar casting a ray downward.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 2:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Fuck me Timk you don't think I just happen to know these things. Someone e-mails me and I e-mail others and also stick it on here. The info's got to come from somewhere.

Rumbled by Timk.
Timk
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

http://www.ahajokes.com/fp036.html - nice one hob :P

***"If the US government has no knowledge of aliens, then why does Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, implemented on July 16, 1969, make it illegal for U.S. citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their vehicles?"

"Although the moon was presumed to be lifeless, we couldn't rule out the possibility that bringing back equipment and samples from the lunar surface might also introduce hitherto unknown microorganisms or germs into our environment, potentially triggering a scenario like the one described by Michael Crichton's 1969 novel The Andromeda Strain, in which a sample-gathering satellite returns to Earth bearing deadly pathogens from space, touching off a plague that threatens to kill nearly everyone exposed to it."

"To prepare for this eventuality, on the same day that Apollo 11 was launched from Kennedy Space Center, the United States adopted Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, since known as the "Extra-Terrestrial Exposure Law." The purpose of Title 14, Section 1211 of the CFR was not to "make it illegal for U.S. citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their vehicles"; the law allowed the government to prevent the possibility of biological contamination from pathogens carried to Earth by men and objects returning from space by enforcing a quarantine on any people, plant or animal life, or other material that had "touched directly or come within the atmospheric envelope of any other celestial body.""
Mogan_David
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 12:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

BJ,

Were you able to lick your elbow?

MD
_Blackjack
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 12:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

At least 40% of those things are not true...
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 12:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Did you know...

It is impossible to lick your elbow.

A crocodile can't stick its tongue out.

A shrimp's heart is in its head.

In a study of 200,000 ostriches over a period of 80 years, no one reported a single case where an ostrich buried its head in the sand.

It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.

A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.

More than 50% of the people in the world have never made or received a telephone call.

Horses can't vomit.

The "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.

If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib.

If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.

If you keep your eyes open by force, they can pop out.

Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over a million descendants.

Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.

If the US government has no knowledge of aliens, then why does Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, implemented on July 16, 1969, make it illegal for U.S. citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their vehicles?

In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman somewhere.

A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.

13% of all photocopier faults worldwide are caused by people sitting on them and photocopying their butts.

Most lipstick contains fish scales.

Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different.

Over 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow.

Hobgoblin

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page