Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

New Absinthe, or at least I havent se...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Archive Thru July 2002 » Archive Thru July 2002 » New Absinthe, or at least I havent seen it reviewed... « Previous Next »

Marccampbell
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 12:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Petr is full of shit.
Timk
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

That was his response to me suggesting a few well placed samples would do wonders for him.
Timk
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 11:46 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Dear Tim,
We are well aware of the forum.
Unfortunatelly, there are some reviews that are far from the truth with which we strongly dissagree.
For instance, a review on La Fee.
It was made by a man who sells or wants to sell his own product so that we consider it to be unfair.
Therefore, even if we are NOT in the forum it does not bother us too much. Sooner or later people will know.
But we already have a lot of customers anyway !!!
May I just tell you that if there is anyone spending $200 for Swiss La Bleue then Logan Fils should cost a double.
It is a wormwood liqueur rather than Anise one which Swiss La Bleue basically is.
By the way we sell it too !!! But have a better source than what you can by on the Internet.
I hope the above helps.

Regards
Petr"
Bunnylebowski
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 8:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I contacted Petr a while back about this product, and while he seems like a nice guy there are a few things to be wary of.

Betty and he hate each other, as both of them have been trying to corner the La Bleue market and neither one has been successful. He says Betty's La Bleue is shit. Betty says his Logans is shit. Who do you believe? Neither! Ask someone who's not vested in selling it at 3 times the purchase price who's had a chance to compare their products to find out the truth.

150 mg of thujone is bullshit. Nobody knows exactly how much thujone their absinthe contains, and if they claim to, they're just trying to use the hype around thujone to sell their product. All those czech piece of shit products wave the thujone flag around, but their products are all still bile.

He claims it is not an anise liqueur. Well, Absinthe IS an anise liqueur, and none of the Czech products are, so I don't know what their product is. Every decent absinthe I've ever had is an anise liqueuer containing grand wormwood, and I've had several so called Absinthes that had no anise in them and they were all nauseating.

I suggest you ask Petr to sell it in 10cl quantities. I asked him to, and he said they weren't doing that, but maybe if he gets enough requests, he'll have enough faith in his product to sell more affordable quantities to those who are wary. If it's a genuinely good product, why not give out samples as Don and Ted have, and let the product speak for itself? I'm skeptical of anyone that says "It's the best absinthe ever, but you don't get a taste until you give me $220". If he wants to sell his product, he has to be willing to let word of mouth get out that it's decent. Maybe word of mouth is what Logan distribution is afraid of....
_Blackjack
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 7:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

1. This is NOT the same as the Absinthe Logan family of products from the Czech Republic. That junk HAS been reviewed...

This is being made by the same COMPANY as the other Logan products, the very same company that claims Absinth King is authentic. I see no reason to start believing them now.

Also they are not "makers of Swiss la Bleue". La Bleue is not a brand. It refers generally to bootleg Swiss absinthes made without the final coloring step. Logan has acted as a dsitributor for some bootlegs, putting a label on them and tripling the price, but they weren't making them
Zman7
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 6:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

...run, don't walk....
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

To dr-e-e-e-m the im-po-si-ble dr-e-e-e-m ...
Timk
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 5:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have mailed them and suggested that a couple of well placed samples might get things rolling.
Giovannigray
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 5:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Zero, I haven't tried Logan Fils, and haven't read any reviews of it..but it's totally unnecessary to pay what will probably amount to $250 for one bottle of any contemporary absinthe. Period. There are so many other options well documented within the caverns of this website.
Zeroburn
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Me again,
A couple of things I've noticed
1. This is NOT the same as the Absinthe Logan family of products from the Czech Republic. That junk HAS been reviewed...

2. Told you it was steep, the bottle is 1 litre, or 34oz
Traineraz
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 5:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

$210 PLUS shipping and handling?

Goodness gracious sakes alive!

Here I thought Emile 68 was pricey at $85 INCLUDING shipping.

. . . and the keyword search didn't find me anyone who has actually TRIED the stuff! Perhaps they'd be kind enough to send Ted a sample.
Giovannigray
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

There was some discussion a while back about this stuff. Do a "keyword search" for Logan Fils, although I don't recall reading an actual review. Proceed with caution.
Zeroburn
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 4:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi,
I've been looking for a quality absinthe for a little over a year, and I want as close to the real deal as possible, I found Logan Fils, (not the czech stuff) by the people who made Swiss La Bleue. I haven't bought any yet as I found them yesterday, but here's the URL

http://www.absintheworld.com/

I emailed them with a question about how it differed from others available and I recieved this the next day.

It has around 150mg of thujon.
It is a wormwood liqueur not an Anise one like La Fee and the rest.
I hope the website says everything.
Regards
Petr

ANYWAY, If this is old news, please disregard. But they claim to use the old process, including chloraphil, NOT coloring. If anyone if familiar with this brand, please let me know as it is rather expensive.

Regards,

Christopher

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page