Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through June 22, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Archive Thru July 2002 » Archive Thru July 2002 » Rules » Archive through June 22, 2002 « Previous Next »

Etienne
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 9:22 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, indeed! I enjoy the threads on movies, music, etc. But I don't think I'll be posting on them much. Just not my interests.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 9:18 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Marc,

This is not the books, film, music, art and sex forum. It is the absinthe forum. Most people did not join the absinthe forum to talk about books, film, music, art and sex. These topics are no more related to absinthe than guns, politics or people's pets etc.

If all the posts made here were related to what this forum is set up to discuss (i.e. absinthe) then there'd be very little posted here and people would then get bored and leave.

I understand, you have your own prefered topics of conversation and that's fine, but others also have their preferred topics which may differ greatly from your own. Live and let live.

Hobgoblin
Pikkle
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 6:16 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

It's tearing the ass outta me!
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 6:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Trolling Around "F" Town...

STOP picking it,
It'll never heal!

-The Body
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 2:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Gene Wolfe is like a thousand thousand drugs, all hitting your mind at once.

Some of them are like cold medicine, and some are like medicine, cold.

Anyone ever read any of the Torturer stuff?

Every paragraph is a reason to stay awake at night.
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 2:24 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Kallisti:

If you want to be fair.... What do you do with a guy who comes into a thread uninvited, is sent away, and responds:

"Learn to live with it. "

In my book, he's a troll. Well, that's your...

"Mssr. Imp has been on this forum 3 times as long as you have, is a well known avid collector and respected absintheur. He's also a personal friend to many of us here. "

Yep, he may be a personal friend of yours, but in this thread, he's a fucking troll, contributing nothing and imposing himself. I don't expect you to like me, Kallisti, just be fair.
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 2:13 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you for Imps background, Kallisti.

I would have imagined that with his background, he would have been more respectful of a fellow Hausgemachter.
Admin
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 2:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

just one last thing before I go to bed ...

Mssr. Imp has been on this forum 3 times as long as you have, is a well known avid collector and respected absintheur. He's also a personal friend to many of us here.

Before you make any further snap judgements, thought you might like a bit of history on that score.

night all. *yawn!*
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 1:50 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Imp, if I were to post what I really think of you, I would be kicked out of this Forum...
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 1:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Imp:

We in the know have made mistakes. Yep, I have used A. absinthium in the colouring stage. 3 g in the beginning. 2 g afterwards. At the end, only 1 g, and only for a few hours.

You, on the other hand, know everything.

Good! Because there is where you are going to stay!
Thegreenimp
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 1:30 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

You mean like your extensive knowledge, of using Artemsia Absinthium in the coloring step.......LOL.
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 1:29 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Marc:

You and I have been here a long time. Still, I'm sure what we would like for a Forum is different.

Hey, I'll be with you, even if what you want is not exactly what I want.
Marccampbell
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 1:27 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

ordinaire,

blow was my ally until it kicked me into the alley. The first year of doing coke was wonderful.
After that, it was a crash course in misery.
But, even when my coke experience started to turn nightmarish, it still made me a cunt eating maniac.
Marccampbell
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 1:24 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

destiny,

I can do without vicious brawls. There's plenty of that all over the internet and throughout the "real" world. I'd like to see more discussion of books, film, music, art, sex, etc.
To come into an absinthe forum and be confronted
with discussions that you can find everywhere else on the internet is distressing to me. kallisti has spent alot of time creating a lovely environment for us, and time after time it degenerates into crap about guns, political cliches, pissing wars and, worst of all, pictures of people's pets. I think we should attempt to set a standard. Blow some minds with our supreme coolness.
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 1:22 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Mon cher Marc:

Blow was never my ally.

As far as being drunk,

"Garbo still hadbetter line in her silent movies"

this Imp guy who I had never seen before now comes and fucks with me.

An ignoramus who doesn't know the ABC of absinthe. Ah, we must be patient, my friend.
Thegreenimp
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 1:13 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Garbo still had better lines in her silent movies.
Destiny
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 1:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

It seems like the "new" rules just create more stress for Mom. How about a single rule - "no divulging the personal information of other forumites or you're gone for good."

The golden-age that everyone talks about had no rules and plenty of vicious brawls. Maybe the recent slump in content is due to the Lithium in the forum's drinking water?
Marccampbell
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 1:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

my dear ordinaire,

what the fuck is up with you? Are you drunk?
You're not doing blow again, are you?
My suggestion: a hot bath, followed by a gentle tugging of your prick until you come. If that doesn't do the trick, then just drink until you pass out.
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 1:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh, I see Imp.

You are like a troll, but stupid.

You are the Forum equivalent of herpes. OK. I'll learn to live with you.
Thegreenimp
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 1:06 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Learn to live with it.
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 1:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Imp, may I ask what pleasure you derive from imposing your presence where you are not wanted?
Thegreenimp
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 1:00 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Learn to live with it.
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 12:54 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

In the mean time, maybe the Green(W)imp can go away?

I memory serves, nobody invited you here, anyway...
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 12:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Now, the main question is:

WHERE'S HEAD?

He can post a sentence so fucking surrealistic that would make all of us (or at least me) feel embarrassed for our stupid jousting.
Thegreenimp
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 12:37 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Garbo had better lines, even during the silent days.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page