Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through June 23, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Archive Thru July 2002 » Markus Is the ma » Archive through June 23, 2002 « Previous Next »

Mr_Rabid
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2002 - 3:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh Bunny, we have such vastly different worldviews... I ain't even gonna go there.

Hobby, I should have just said 'Lighten up.' But I speak from my rabbity little head. If someone called me a nasty name in the street, I'd either laugh or ask him why he said it. No thumpings would occurr unless he started trying to thump first. And someone calling me a name here is cause for either amusement, or a reexamination of my actions in case he was right and I was being a neo-maoist right wing anti-jello pussy fart or whatever.
Admin
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2002 - 1:15 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Mr. Pikkle ... he/they have a point. Simmer down now. Please don't point that thing at people, yer gonna put an eye out.

Now, give us a kiss. mwah!

night all ...
Pikkle
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 11:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh yeah, and I await my thumping... or was that humping? Hmm... decisions...
Pikkle
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 11:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh Hobby, what's the matter, no more Tetley's?
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Rabid,

The fact remains is that if someone came up to me in the street and called me a "fucking simpleton" I'd thump him. I wouldn't think that he was some "Zen master", I wouldn't think he was an incarnation built progressively on Ma-tsu Tao-i's last spark of consciousness, I'd think he was a rude, insulting, ignorant arsehole and I'd be right.

I'm against booting people off the forum unless they're out to deliberately destroy it or unless they break the privacy of others and I don't believe that Pikkle falls into these categories. It seems though that in recent weeks people have been booted off this forum both temporarily and permanantly for a lot less than Pikkle gets away with.

Perhaps we should all go about calling people "cock-sucking motherfuckers" or "fucking simpletons". Then we'd have a truly enlightened forum of Zen-masters.

Hobgoblin
Pikkle
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

cue the tiny violins...
Bunnylebowski
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 11:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh, whatever. Who gives a rats ass about Pikkle's psychological anomalies?
He's text on a page. I like being surprised....

Oh, and Rabid, sound is compression and rarefaction of air, and if a tree falls in the forest, the air will be disturbed in a way consistent of how we describe "Sound", so it does actually make a sound if no one is there. Perception is not as reliable as actual physical law.

Marccampbell
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 7:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

so, pikkle's father is Michael J. Fox.
Pikkle
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 7:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Goddamm! I wish mom looked that good... been sufferin a bit too much from that oedipus complex fer sure!
Mogan_David
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 7:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Pikkle's baby picture. I guess we know why they call him "Dill Boy".

pikkle
Pikkle
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 6:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Heh... Dill Boy... heh.
Pikkle
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yawn... did I miss something? I was sleeping...
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 3:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Whether you find it brilliant or not, I don't think Dill Boy is attacking in earnest.

Look- you can tell by his posts that isn't true.

I can't speak for him and don't claim to, but his posts are often articulate, thought provoking and amusing.

Do you think if he really wanted to attack someone he would call them a simpleton? Would Zorro use a club or a foil? If he ever decided to dress someone down, I think he'd do it in style.

So ignore the one liners. It'll save you stress, and they make as much difference in the end as that tree that fell in the forest today but made no noise (because I wasn't there to hear it, you see...)
Traineraz
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

BTW aren't Pikkle and Head the same person?

I had the same impression for a while . . . then I decided I didn't care. :)
Marccampbell
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 2:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

to me, the only compelling thing about pikkle
is trying to figure out why head likes him.
And the only reason I care is because I am head's unauthorized biographer.
Chrysippvs
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

How do conversations on this forum always end up like this? It is like a forum entropy: conversations move from intelligent reviews, thoughts, and critiques to name calling.

This place may be a punk rock bar but the one thing that is missing is the good old bar fight.

That would work problems out...

- J
Mogan_David
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 1:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"his is a misinterpritation of the Zen hostility teacher that is Pikkle."

Listen, can you hear the one handed applause?

BTW aren't Pikkle and Head the same person?
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 1:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Rabid,

I used to find Pikkle's wierd 1-liners amusing, I viewed them as a sort of jab in the ribs for those of us who get to earnest and obsessed with certain topics.

But when he calls me a "fucking simpleton" then I view this as nothing other than a personal insult. If someone said that to my face I'd punch that person on the nose as hard as I could. I don't see why I should be expected to laugh at such an insult just because it's Pikkle who's thrown the insult.

Hobgoblin
Marccampbell
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

and there's a world of difference between head's inspired lunacy and pikkle's inane one liners.
Marccampbell
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 1:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

rabid,

call it what you will, but a pikkle by any other name smells just as sour.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 1:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Rabid,

I don't spend my life (thankfully in my opinion) surrounded by production machines etc. so I don't automatically visualise how such machines tend to work.

Hobgoblin
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

This is a misinterpritation of the Zen hostility teacher that is Pikkle.

He is like Head, but with FUCCKKKEERRR! instead of some other sort of surrealism.

Pikkle's cool, and taking his posts as hostile misses the point.
Mogan_David
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It's funny but Pikkle is one of the reasons I stuck around this forrum.

Anywhere else he would be just another troll, but somehow the people here have managed to take his disruptive tendancies and turn them around so that he is an actual part of the community around here.

If found it so interesting I decided to stick around and get to know the rest of you a little better.

Now I'm not sure if it helps Pikkle's case that he draws right wing gun nuts to the forrum, but there you go.

MD
Anatomist
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

One difference is that Pikkle has talked smack so pervasively and incessantly that the impact of any given post has been diluted to near insignificance.
Marccampbell
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

hobgoblin,

your response to pikkle echos my own thoughts about the prick.

ordinaire got slapped last night for far less confrontational behavior than pikkle's.

pikkle strikes me as being a very unhappy motherfucker.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page