Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through June 24, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » The Monkey Hole » WARNING: Cheap Yuks » Archive through June 24, 2002 « Previous Next »

Nolamour
Posted on Monday, June 24, 2002 - 12:01 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Not much fazes me anymore...and that was hard to explain. Heavy Metal, random thoughts that don't make sense - put to music. Perfect! I love it!

I bid $2.14 for whatever is auctioning...
2loucheltrec
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2002 - 11:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

i give... you're getting to rich for my blood... i'll have to start looking for a reproduction instead...
Traineraz
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2002 - 11:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

http://www.512productions.com/lobstermagnet/index.html

Also:

http://www.rock103.com/crew/asheard/

Go to Tourette's Syndrome Barbie, bottom of the first column.
Traineraz
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2002 - 10:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I bid $4.75, but that MUST include gripping and fondling . . . er, shipping and handling.
2loucheltrec
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2002 - 6:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

oh! a bidding war, huh? well i'll bid 9.25
Etienne
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2002 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sounds good... I bid 9.99!
Traineraz
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2002 - 3:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

$19.95 at Big Lots!

(Formerly MacFrugal's, a name which I much preferred!)
Etienne
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2002 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It screams "perfume dispenser".

Those personal fountains are authentic, check Delahaye's spoon book. Of course, this isn't one of the old ones.

The personal fountain wouldn't be too bad of a deal, if you knew what you were buying, and could get it cheap enough. You can keep that dispenser.
Mogan_David
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2002 - 3:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Trainer,

I like the set, repro or not. But $200 seems kind of steep. (amazingly cheap for antique).

Oh well, theres always my latest Martha Stewart fantacies to keep my occupied.

BTW check out one of his other auctions.

This thing just screams "Lava Lamp"!

lamp
Traineraz
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2002 - 2:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

MD -

That's another from our fiend (DANG that "r" just keeps sticking) "absinthemania."

If you do a keyword search on his name in the forum, you'll find that he's known for passing off forgeries and reproductions as genuine antiques. That'd be why his negative reviews are private.

I'd much rather have Nola's Van Gogh "Sunflowers" fountain than anything from "absinthemania."
Mogan_David
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2002 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

On a serious note, what do you guys make of this ebay auction?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2114979143

This one smells a little fishy with the guy hiding his 5 negative feedbacks, though the set looks kind of cool. I've never heard of a personal absinthe fountain, but then again I've got a long way to go before I become knowledgable on this topic.

Here's the pic:
fountain
Traineraz
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2002 - 12:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Gotta love that brand name!
Nolamour
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2002 - 10:14 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Here's your green fairy...

nohos
Nolamour
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2002 - 5:48 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yea Trainer,

I saw that on eBay as well. He wants $99 to start! - C'mon Big Lots or maybe even Target (tar-jay), I'll wait till then.

Yea, I'll clean up the fairy and make sure she's green. We don't want no HO's on the forum, now do we?
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2002 - 3:15 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yknow, a green fairy sitting on a toilet, reading the paper... ceramic so the water stays cool.

Flush to begin drip.

Now there's a fountain! Conversation piece, art, or completely stoopid, the drunken brawls it would cause would be worth it alone.
Traineraz
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2002 - 12:57 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

{GASP} That's a HO FAIRY, not a GREEN FAIRY!!

=oO

Nice Photoshopping, though. :)

Well, it seems our fiend (oops, my r was stuck) "absinthemania" has a nice little reproduction on his hands:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=2114980575&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2
It's actually rather attractive overall, but I'm guessing it's a Hong Kong $5 job. At least he didn't try to claim in the listing that it was antique, even though it's listed under pre-Prohibition Breweriana.

Looks like the sort that will end up at Big Lots for $19.95 in a few years! Maybe I'll buy one then, if my fluttering, singing fairy won't work.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2002 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Forget the fountain, I'll bid for the phone number of the bird sitting on top of it.

Hobgoblin
Nolamour
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

OK...Here's the prototype. Trainer's Fairy Fountain!

Who's got the first bid? heh heh

fountain2
Traineraz
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 9:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

A wee bit more difficult, yet doable, LOL!
Nolamour
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 9:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Trainer!

Your time has come...INVENT IT, INVENT IT NOW!

How about a Green Fairy that flutters it's wings when it pours? I'd purchase it, you know, having toomuchmoneyitis problems...now I need a psychologist.
Traineraz
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You would do well to have all that appraised and adjust your insurance accordingly!

Hmm, how about a nice metal and glass absinthe fountain that has a little birdie on top which sings only when you pour water? (Doesn't exist, just thinkin' out loud. It's easily doable.)

I read too much about Renaissance water features!
Nolamour
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 8:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes Marc,

I tried to price it at christies.com - My Van Gough fountain is priceless. I consider myself quite lucky...Bill Gates Here I come!

Good ole mom said there are other additions such as "Absinthe" glasses, bowls, and plates with the same print. I think the whole set will be coming soon (maybe my next b-day).

I need to get a lawyer.
Marccampbell
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I bet the dog's name is Whoopee.
Mogan_David
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 7:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Speaking of Mr Clinton, I hear he's got a new dog. A stray he found near his office in Harlem.

doggy
Marccampbell
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

nola,

your mother bought you an original Van Gogh absinthe fountain, the famous limited "Sunflower" edition. Its worth millions!

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page