Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Another Breaux Brew sampled...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Archive Thru July 2002 » Another Breaux Brew sampled... « Previous Next »

Louched_Liver
Posted on Friday, June 28, 2002 - 8:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Clever, PattyDoc, clever!
Pikkle
Posted on Friday, June 28, 2002 - 7:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Damn you're good you manipulative bastard!
Pataphysician
Posted on Friday, June 28, 2002 - 7:28 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I finally got Pikkle to say that.
Pikkle
Posted on Friday, June 28, 2002 - 7:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I don't get it...
Pataphysician
Posted on Friday, June 28, 2002 - 7:11 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"A couple was having a spat in the park across the street-she was wiping tears away w/the back of her hand, as she left her man sitting on a bench."

If only you had your camera, you could have made "Forest Dump".
Louched_Liver
Posted on Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 12:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

(blush)
Admin
Posted on Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 12:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

and we love ya that way ...
Traineraz
Posted on Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 12:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Chicken . . . Egg . . .
Louched_Liver
Posted on Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

No, I have a high opinion of myself because I'm a pompous, self-centered, narcisisstic asshole. That's why.
Traineraz
Posted on Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 1:47 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, someone sure has a high opinion of himself . . . all because HE got a SAMPLE . . .
Louched_Liver
Posted on Wednesday, June 26, 2002 - 8:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Shit, gimme credit. I'll turn any 33% fucker within the sound of my chaps.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Wednesday, June 26, 2002 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'll bet if you met him and
you were only 53% gay, you'd say...

"Damn, I gotta get up into me some
of that thin white duke!"
Destiny
Posted on Wednesday, June 26, 2002 - 7:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ahhhhh, the soft side of LL - what an interestng review. If I wasn't only 63% gay, I'd be all over you, mister!
Louched_Liver
Posted on Wednesday, June 26, 2002 - 7:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Lemme start by saying I KNOW I'm a lucky motherfucker. I appreciate the fact.
Due to Ted's alchemedic skills and Marc's generosity, I got a sample of something "similar" to one of the Jades coming out. And it wasn't either Edouard Pernod or Nouvelle Orleans, which I've already tried.

I put a sugarcube on my one and only antique spoon (yet another generous gift) and set the kitchen sink on slow drip. I replaced the sugar once gone with an icecube, which was through when the glass was full.
Grabbing my drink and heading out the back door, I noticed a thundercloud roiling and boiling, luminous from within, lit by the sun behind. Looking at the prize in my hand, I realised that it looked the same as the cloud, only tinged w/green. Solid nothingness.
Reaching the front porch, I grabbed a chair and got comfy. The air was scrubbed from a quickly passing thunderstorm. Drops still fell from leaves above. A couple was having a spat in the park across the street-she was wiping tears away w/the back of her hand, as she left her man sitting on a bench. The air was warm, the slight puff of breeze coolish.
As dark fell, the fairy dance began. Hundreds, maybe thousands of lightning bugs sparked to life. Arcing up, always up, sometimes in waves, sometimes in splotches, sometimes in groups, most times randomly. Under the century old trees.
I stared in the middle distance, the green/yellow flares of the fireflies growing more numerous. I thought of people I love, people I know, people I miss.

So, how does it taste?
A hell of a lot like this evening.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page