Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Star Trek Punk this weekend

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Arts & Other Philosophical Sundries » Star Trek Punk this weekend « Previous Next »

Raschied
Posted on Saturday, June 29, 2002 - 6:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Damn serious! I'm not in the band, Tristan, but some of my former coworkers and friends are. You haven't rocked until you've heard songs like "Holosuite Woman," and the classic "Kirk gets laid again."

These guys had a TV show on PlayTV.com before it went under, and I worked with them. My son even played one of Kirk's illegitimate kids. Fun stuff. If i ever hit the lottery, I'm bringing back PlayTV. We did 12 hours a day of live interactive shows. We didn't make any money, but I never had a problem wanting to go to work in the morning. :)
Tristan
Posted on Saturday, June 29, 2002 - 1:45 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

That's YOU!?!?!?!

Holy Crap.... I've heard of you guys, although only in passing. local music wise, I'm more into Luxt, but hey, anything to support a local band. We need all the help we can get.

I'll see what I can do this weekend.... any plans I make in advance of late seem to be targets for spitely lightning bolts from the gods.
Marccampbell
Posted on Friday, June 28, 2002 - 9:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Dork.
I hope these freaks aren't serious.
Raschied
Posted on Friday, June 28, 2002 - 7:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

the drummer

The drummer, who hates Star Trek, BTW.
Raschied
Posted on Friday, June 28, 2002 - 7:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

greenbitch
Raschied
Posted on Friday, June 28, 2002 - 7:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Rock and Roll.

The Final Frontier

These are the gigs of the Star Trek band, Warp 11

It's 5 year mission

To explore strange new types of Schnapps

To seek out new clubs and new ways to sing about Shatner's toupee

To boldly play where no band has played before!

That's right Kids, enough months have passed for Warp 11 to dust off their instruments and Rock once more.

When - Saturday June 29th (We probably go on around 10 and play till around midnight.)

Where - The Hogs Head Brew Pub. Note: Last time we kind of sold the place out, so you might want to show a little early.

Why - Because we wrote some new songs.

Be the first on your block to hear such new hits as

"Suds me up Sulu", "And that's why I'm in a Star Trek band" & "Man on a mission"
Note: If Devo was a star Trek band and wrote a song It would be "Man on a Mission."

Plus all your old favorites!

All this and Brian is going to play completely naked!

This is probably the last time we will play at the Hogshead as we are getting far too popular to play such a small venue. In fact our next show will probably be at Arco so this is probably your last chance to see Warp 11 in an intimate setting. :)

Hogshead Brewpub is slightly hidden in a basement in Old Town Sacramento,

114 J St. Phone: 916.443.2739

Live long and Prosper!

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page