Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

NYC GT (Play by Play the un-natural w...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Absinthe & Collectibles Archive thru January 2003 » NYC GT (Play by Play the un-natural way) « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through June 29, 2002Head_Prosthesis26 6-29-02  8:30 pm
Archive through June 30, 2002Absinthesque225 6-30-02  1:35 pm
Archive through July 01, 20022loucheltrec25 7-1-02  1:21 pm
Archive through July 01, 2002Admin25 7-1-02  7:02 pm
Archive through July 03, 2002Louched_Liver25 7-3-02  1:15 pm
Archive through July 05, 2002Pikkle25 7-5-02  2:41 pm
Archive through July 07, 2002Head_Prosthesis26 7-7-02  4:21 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

2loucheltrec
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

sorry to hear about your lost eggs (glasses), i had my east repro glass and was successful at taking back every thing i came there with, though i thought i left my cigars there but found them back at the hotel...wish you good luck on there glasses return...
Pikkle
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 6:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Dunno Tort, told the cousins probably in September, you know, when the heat isn't so oppressive...
Tavarua
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

They weren't vintage, but they are hard to come by and I did like them a lot. I realize someone might have pocketed them, but I would like to believe someone packed them up with their stuff unintentionally. That is possible.
Tortainglese
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

hey Pikkle,
I am usually still asleep at lunch time, but for you I guess I can wake up. when are you planning to come?
Pikkle
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I brought one glass that went home with me... I wish I could say the same for my cousin's apartment key, boy was he pissed!!! HAHAHA~!!!!!
Wolfgang
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 9:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"mistakenly"

You should become a diplomat ;-).

Where they vintage glasses ?

good luck.
Tavarua
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 9:38 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Did anyone mistakenly pick up 2 egg glasses at the end of the night? The ones that I had brought seemed to walk away after the party had ended.
Pikkle
Posted on Thursday, July 18, 2002 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I may actually be back in September myself Tort... the cousins loved me so much the first time around, they asked for seconds... what are you doing for lunch?
Tortainglese
Posted on Thursday, July 18, 2002 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

September 10th, the opera season begins again in NYC. Can you tell I am a little EAGER?
Wolfgang
Posted on Thursday, July 18, 2002 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Next time I'll go during the opera season. Probably next year.
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Wednesday, July 17, 2002 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Rabid, please transmit our excuses to Yvonne for not calling her back for the museum on next day, we didn`t call her because we where on such a thight schedule and also had to meet with other people so it would have been complicated."

She asked me to apologize (but I forgot) for not calling you!

She lost her cell phone in a cab on the way home. We searched for a day, but it was not to be found... and that was the only place we had your number. The hotel said 'no...no Wofgangs here...'

Next time, it wont be just one night of drunken excess.

We will go to art museums, restaraunts, probably the police station at least once...
Wolfgang
Posted on Wednesday, July 17, 2002 - 6:15 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I also remember I wrote a silly quote from you but now I can't remember what it was... Lucky you !
Wolfgang
Posted on Wednesday, July 17, 2002 - 5:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"if you can remember. "

That's the problem... I lost the damn paper and anyway, after the third glass, it was only babblings like "very good" or "not too bad" .

And it's not only because of alcohol. My tongue was assaulted by so many kinds of absinthes that my taste buds where a bit confused. I have no problem making acceptables reviews when I'm sipping a glass at home but in a social situation, it's more difficult to focus on the details. What I can say is only general appreciations but there it is anyway (sorry for the broken record syndrome, I'll like to put it all together in one final post)...

Nephilim's 27
My favorite. Complex, a bit spicy with a dominant note of hyssop. Rounded, fresh, charming, herbal and a bit floral. Most importantly : aged at least a year ! It makes all the difference in the world and it was very educational for all of us to have Nephilim's absinthes side by side with the non-aged Moonman's.

Nephilim's 34
Very good too and similar to the other one but without this little extra something that make it a masterpiece. Is it just the age difference ? Who know !

Nephilim's 8 (funny this sample came from Marc C.)

Nice hausgemachte but way behing his 27 and 34 brews. This one is similar to many other good home-made I tasted but I don't think it's an outstanding one. It was very interesting to taste it anyway just to see the progress of the master. (The little self-centered bastard I am is happy to see his #8 is in my opinion no better than my #8 was... But he still have some, aging for years and I drank it all like a pig so thumbs up to him ;-) ).

Moonman's "New York" I won't review in detail those one, it would be cheating as I already know what's in there. I would like to read reviews from others if you can remember. For sure it was only a week old assemblage of an older batch and a very new one and that was a big flaw. Even now, only 3 weeks later I can taste a very positive difference so imagine after a year what it would be. But sorry, it won't survive that long. One more week or two and I'll finish it. I'll keep littles samples of it for our dear Louched Liver who organized this GT and for Marc C. who graciously sent us two bottles even if he couldn't attend (send me your shipping address guys).

Moonman's 10b (same comment)
Moonman's "mint" Big surprise. People really liked this one. In fact they emptied the small bottle while the 10b and "New York" where still available! I really don't understand why. I hope it was not because you where shy to fetch the big black bottle of "NewYork" on the table. The mint absinthe was an experiment made of mixed botched batchs with too much aniseed re-distilled with extra wormwood and mint to hide the flaws. It was a (still tasty) joke.

Betty blanche #2 Best Blanche I ever had. Fruity, refreshing, floral and very complex.

Betty blanche #4 A bit similar to #2 but not so good. Tamer.

Wolvie blanche Like candy. Good but can't stand the side by side comparaison with Betty #2.

Wolvie verte Disapointing. I can't give more details as I only had a sip from someone elses glass. Weird color.

Emile 68 Disapointing but my expectation where very high. It's a good quality distilled absinthe but I really think it taste mainly like star anis, which is odd because it doesn't louche as it should with such a strong anis taste. Very strong alcohol aroma.

Francois Guy Very good. Spicy and tasty. My favorite commercial absinthe with Segarra. Unfortunately only 45% so the color is yellow, not green. At least they didn't cheat with artificial colors !

Larsand Nice surprise. Very interesting. Like a refined Deva. It is sad that this brand is not available through SC. Do we know why ?

Kubbler Undrinkable. Burned peanut oil.

Dr.O (sample from Marc C.) Undrinkable, colored with A.Absinthium. Otherwise, nice smell out of the bottle. Would have been nice if it was not for this little but very bad mistake.

I didn't taste (or can't remember) Oxygene and Emile45 and I missed the chance to re-taste LaFee. I just had enough after all those previous sampling.
Tortainglese
Posted on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 9:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Dear Wolfgang,
Now that you have returned, are you going to transcribe your tasting notes from NYC? Please tell us what you thought if you can remember.
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ho, now that I remember...

Rabid, please transmit our excuses to Yvonne for not calling her back for the museum on next day, we didn`t call her because we where on such a thight schedule and also had to meet with other people so it would have been complicated.

The Guggenheim Museum visit was great. If she likes modern art, video experiments and photography she really should not miss it.
Pikkle
Posted on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, I always make a real good impression like that with the family...
"Hey cuz, goin out for a pack of cigarettes... "
"No problem cuz, here's the key to the place! Don't lose it."
"Thanks cuz!"

The next day...
"Sorry cuz, got mixed up leaving the news stand... then I got mugged and they only stole your key"

When's the next NYC gathering?????????????? I'll be there!!!!!!!!!!!
Louched_Liver
Posted on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 3:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Pikkeleenah,
So that was your key. Yep, it was on the table in front of the fireplace.
Pikkle
Posted on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh yeah, and thanks for not ass raping me when I passed out people... (yes, I can tell when I've been violated the next day!)
Pikkle
Posted on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 2:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Actually, I think I lost my cousin's apartment key there... so if they can figure out where he lives, they can steal all his books (that' all he's got)
Louched_Liver
Posted on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 2:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for not stealing/breaking anything major @ the Fairy Fest. I got my full deposit back.
Pikkle
Posted on Sunday, July 7, 2002 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The Pikkle promises an interesting if not a good time... come one, come all, absinthe for everyone!!!
Tortainglese
Posted on Sunday, July 7, 2002 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Detroit in autumn? Doesn't it start to snow there in August? Can you imagine if we all got snowed in at Chez Pikkle with 40 bottles of juice? Well, so long as I don't have to watch the Lauralala film festival I can survive it.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, July 7, 2002 - 8:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Pikkle Puss has 1st dibs. Step up folks. I'll be there. Register now for the slime of your life.
Pikkle
Posted on Sunday, July 7, 2002 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey homefuck! Get off the fucking phone! I'm fucking hungry!!!!!!!!!!
Pikkle
Posted on Sunday, July 7, 2002 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

He's not my mayor goddammit!! And besides, we'd have to sell crack to qualify for residency...
Traineraz
Posted on Sunday, July 7, 2002 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Why not lease one of the 4,000 houses your mayor wants to bulldoze and use that for the weekend, Pikkle?
Pikkle
Posted on Sunday, July 7, 2002 - 4:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, I know what A-town meant... We've got enough failing steel mills of our own around here though... what ever!!!!!!

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page