Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Fountains

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Fountains « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through July 17, 2002Chevalier25 7-17-02  8:40 am
Archive through August 30, 2002Gelroos25 8-30-02  3:45 pm
Archive through September 03, 2002Traineraz25 9-3-02  1:22 pm
Archive through September 10, 2002Crowlyman25 9-10-02  6:26 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Chevalier
Posted on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 9:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

An outdoor lamp glass could work, but it shouldn't be too large. Clear glass looks better than opaque.
Tavarua
Posted on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 9:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Z,
That's a beaut. I have been getting into a lot of idle time lately, and looking for something to fill the space. I think I have a new project to work on. Thanks for the idea. Everyone seems to be sticking with the jar theme. It seems to me that a large decorative outdoor/lawn lamp would provide the most authentic looking reservoir. One that screws off from a metal post and has a detachable top plate. Just an idea.
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 8:26 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Getting the antique "look" right is not so hard. The difficult part (for me) has been making it perfectly watertight.
Zman7
Posted on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 8:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Chev,
Yeah, I'm working on a fountain somewhat similar to what you are describing as time permits.
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 6:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yup, those spigots are from http://www.aftosa.com/bs1.html

I ordered six of them and the delivery time to Chile was two weeks. They are heavy brass, well made, and come with washers (brass and black rubber) and nuts.

I'm making a fountain that looks almost identical to the antique 4-spigot fountains you see on eBay from time to time. (My plan is to make two fountains for use in the "absinthe" café my friend will open here.) I'm using an ornate secondhand table lamp base, a couple of PVC duct caps, a large glass jar, metallic spray paint, lots of epoxy and sealant. The spigots won't be sticking out of the glass jar; they'll be coming out of the duct cap beneath the jar. The lamp base will be supporting the duct cap and the jar above it.

I don't have a digital camera, but I'll find a way to post a picture once the first fountain is ready.
Bellypock
Posted on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 5:49 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Very nice. Are those the spigots from the ceramic place mentioned earlier?
Zman7
Posted on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

A fountain I made a couple of weeks ago. Works great.
Zman7
Posted on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 6:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Pana0055a
Zman7
Posted on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 6:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

1,Pana005
Greenmeanie
Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

But honeypie, Deva La Sala is a GREAT name!!
Crowlyman
Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I can imagine trying to suggest an absinthe related name and the subsequent reaction:

"Hey, Sugarplumcandycake, I have a couple of names I would like run over with you. First with girls names. How's abouts Un Emile?"

Sugarplumcandycake stands up, walks slowy towords me, and punches me right in the face. She then turns and heads out of the room.

"Francois Guy for a boy?!?"

LOL!!! Just playing around. I would love suggestions either with ab related names or without.
Greenmeanie
Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Crowly,

Amelie sounds good. Jack should be followed by Daniel :).

Amelie La Fee ....?

I am a tired pup at the moment so the grey matter is not up to form. If I come up with any names worth mentioning tomorrow, I'll post.

Hey! How about a "name Crowly's baby" thread and keep it absinthe-esque!

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page