Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

July's absinthe auctions (including t...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Absinthe & Collectibles Archive thru January 2003 » July's absinthe auctions (including the clueless ones) « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through July 18, 2002Chevalier25 7-18-02  8:16 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Traineraz
Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 12:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Isn't Nolamour one of those franco-swiss cajun types?
Chevalier
Posted on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"I have been drinking Absinthe since i became of age ..."

Did Faulkner write this? So quaint it is, so postbellum.

Title it "AS I LAY DYING ... OF LAUGHTER".
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 1:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh Ted, Please?
You've never heard of the
aboriginal, Louisiana,
Franco/Suisse,
Hooch Steepin',
Cajuns?
Tabreaux
Posted on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 12:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The latest stupidity:

not even a good liar
Petermarc
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 6:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

as far as the la fée fairy spoon (which is amusing in it's own right-in a cartoony,this is the symbol of the val-de-travers, and is even on the side of their busses, kind of way) the winning bidder got it for less than what they were selling them for at boveresse, just a month ago...glad i didn't stock up on them (limited edition of 150)...
Wolfgang
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 12:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Noooooo!

I can`t believe someone is bidding on that crap !

Come on Ted, we all know you`r dying to get it for your collection of absinthe oddities to put in the same section as those Czech brands !

Of course we all know that thujone is bitter, hallucinogenic and fluo-green ! (note to newbies, none of those 3 assumptions are true).
Chevalier
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

That warning sticker is in awful taste ... like something found on old Zyklon B canisters.
2loucheltrec
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 11:17 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

i liked this warning in his description...

Warning:If you drink Absinthe too often, it may cause brain and liver damage.

what could he mean by that ? i'm not sure but i'd argue with him about it if i could keep a consistant thought and didn't have to keep running to the bathroom!
Tabreaux
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 10:54 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Here is the real question: Who's the bigger moron, the seller or the buyer?

Junque

You've got to adore the skull and crossbones sticker thar reads: "Achtung, Thujon!"

stupid

If you aren't laughing hard enough from that, you'll certainly benefit from the knowledge of their 'Absinth Guru' who comments on the seller's website:

"[..] In my opinion I can say that thujon is very bitter, for that reason you should try out the proper concentration. Maybe add some more spices. Don't consume the whole 30 g at once......Consult your health-care practitioner before using a higher dosage.....Another advantage of using high-proof liquor is, that you may flambee the Absinth using sugar. It's the traditional Absinth-ritual. [..]"

Any questions?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page