Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

But is it Art?

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Arts & Other Philosophical Sundries » But is it Art? « Previous Next »

Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 9:06 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Tunick's photos have often been compared to images of Nazi concentration camp corpses ...

Then again, people associate 1920s Tin Pan Alley songs with Looney Tunes cartoons. The latter spoiled the former.
Nascentvirion
Posted on Wednesday, July 3, 2002 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

They all look dead...
Admin
Posted on Wednesday, July 3, 2002 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I've had that dream before. eeeek!
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, July 3, 2002 - 6:36 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Spencer Tunick took photos in Buenos Aires back in April. Lucky Argentines; it was still warm.

We left our clothes in plastic bags next to trees and lightposts at the side of the museum. When everyone returned to get their bags, some found that the clothing inside had been stolen!
Tortainglese
Posted on Tuesday, July 2, 2002 - 10:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

where did you leave all of your clothes? everyone is white. he did this recently in NYC, in Times Square, but I didn't go. Applause to you, Chevalier. I could never do it.

I think I have seen everyone in Buenos Aires naked, but for a different kind of art project.
Raschied
Posted on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 9:53 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wow!
Chevalier
Posted on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 9:53 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Tunick's "Nude Adrift" project has taken him from Montreal and NYC to Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires, from Europe to Australia. Some images:

http://www.elcorreodigital.com/portada/noticias/imagenesdeldia/tunick.html
Chevalier
Posted on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 9:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

A closer view. We were looking up at an ice-blue sky with wispy, fast-moving clouds. A peaceful moment, very still ...

my picture
Chevalier
Posted on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 8:46 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

While NYC absintheurs/euses were nursing well-won hangovers .... me, my girlfriend, her sister and about 4000 other inhabitants of Santiago, Chile were shivering on a winter Sunday morning. We were all naked, waiting for NY artist/photographer Spencer Tunick to take photos of us lying naked on a street in front of the city's Museo de Bellas Artes (Fine Arts Museum). It was like Woodstock, without the music and the mud.

Spencer Tunick takes such photos -- he's named the entire project "Nude Adrift" -- in cities all over the world, but rarely has he gotten 4000 people to respond to his "invitation". (In Argentina and Brazil, countries known for their body worship, far fewer people volunteered to pose. Chile, on the other hand, is a very conservative nation where nude beaches are strictly prohibited. Even divorce is illegal here. Hmmm ...)

Below is a picture of us all. I'm somewhere in the middle of it.

my picture

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page