Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through July 01, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Absinthe & Collectibles Archive thru January 2003 » NYC GT (Play by Play the un-natural way) » Archive through July 01, 2002 « Previous Next »

2loucheltrec
Posted on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

i'm also glad to see rabid made it through the "storm" of green in one piece... and pikkle , you should consider yourself lucky that tavvy didn't have a magic marker when you crashed on the couch... when are we gonna see some pictures?... do we have to wait for the one's paying blacmail first?... not that my ugly mug would do this forum any good...
2loucheltrec
Posted on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

hey louchie L-, i know, i missed ya on sunday for the bar crawl to the villlage and back, maybe next time. it was great to meet everyone in person and to try commercial brands i hadn't tried 'til saturday and an oh my gawd to nephilim's and the moonman's. i missed out on the moonman's mint (it was a small sample) but others really liked it. here's one big hazzah to the liver host, when's the next one?
Admin
Posted on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 12:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Left Coast! Left Coast! I've got a shelf of booze ... help meeee.

Three cheers to the Liver Man! Mwah!
Louched_Liver
Posted on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 12:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks to everyone for coming. Special thanks to the hogsmackin' pair. Special thanks to Timm the Lurker and the lovely Torty for bringing grub. Thanks to everyone who was generous enough to leave a bottle, so I came home w/more fairy squeezin's than I left with. Thanks to Kalladmin for making it all possible by having this forum. Thanks to Marc for his gifts, and for calling. BTW Dr. O's shit went down the drain Sunday morning. Who needs Drano?

ANYONE WANNA DO IT AGAIN?
Louched_Liver
Posted on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The Liver is back home.
The end of the party for me was Rabid and I killing one of Nephilim's bottles in the kitchen, at, I'm guessing 7am. Pikkle and Tavvy were zonked out on the sectional. The dining room table was trashed.
Pikkle woke me up when he left, then Tavvy. Then it was afternoon, and I killed the Betty's because it had the least in it. Then I killed the Wolvies LaBleue because it had the least in it. Called Head and called Kalladmin. Then it was Monday. Came home a day early.
Bunnylebowski
Posted on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 8:06 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

mmm. squishy donuts.
Pass out? Do I have your permission to post photographic evidence of that?

Pikkle
Posted on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 5:50 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Is everyone still sleeping???? I never sleep... except when I pass out on couches in the company of strangers...
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 2:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes...
Marccampbell
Posted on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 2:40 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Whats wrong with being gay?

I'LL FUCK ANYTHING THAT MOVES!
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 2:37 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

That's gay... I'm gonna go scrub now...
Marccampbell
Posted on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 2:33 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

pikkle,

I love you, more than words can tell.
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 2:29 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I must say, Tort is quite the uber babe... and we did spend a considerable amount of time getting acquainted... so I can understand your bitterness Marc, I'd be jealous too... now go back to your pretty rainbows and butterflys and it will be all okay.
Marccampbell
Posted on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 2:19 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

the more things change, the more they stay the same.
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 2:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

*yawn*
Marccampbell
Posted on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

pikkle profound? sensitive? human?
yeah. And Don is dainty.
and head likes long walks in the park, lilac incense, and Joan Baez records.
and Kallisti is the Avon salesgirl of the year.
and anatomist is secretly a cheerleader for the Dallas Cowboys.
and artemis is the long lost love child of Liberace and Carol Doda!
and ted occasionally wears a wonder bra, fuck me pumps, and goes by the name of Tina.
and louched liver is Liza Minneli's back door man.
and I'm Kate Winslet's love slave.
Mvario
Posted on Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 11:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Louched: Thanks again, it was a blast.
Everyone: It was great meeting you all!

Many wonderful things to taste, and listening to the 2 haugsmachtmeisters discuss the discuss the art was quite educational.
Tortainglese
Posted on Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 11:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

oh, yes, one more thing...I went in there expecting the Hell's Angels club house and instead found a polite gentlemen's club for connoisseurs.

and NEWS FLASH! The Pikkle is a sensitive, profound human being.

now I have blown everyone's cover.
Tortainglese
Posted on Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 10:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ah Gentlemen! You have ruined me. I will never ever be able to drink the regular commercial brands again. The hogsmacks were beautiful, subtle and complex. Each unique and with a far more refined flavor than I have before experienced. Last night was a master class lead by Nephilim (I hope I spelled that right. Forgive me if not!) and Wolfgang. I enjoyed listening to them for hours talking shop. Such a generous buffet of brands to select from. I sampled things I never would be privy to or could afford. Thank you to everyone who contributed and especially to you Louche Liver, our gracious host! I feel privledged to have attended and enjoyed meeting each of you.
Traineraz
Posted on Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 4:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, I didn't drink anything, I ended up going to Tucson's summertime gay event, Gay West (at Old Tucson Studios), with about 2,000 other people.

There, I saw a drag queen who looked like a shorter, stockier version of Joan Bennett if she had been a crack whore. I wanted to show the drag queen some episodes of Dark Shadows, in hope that she'd pick up some fashion (and carriage) tips, but didn't have the VCR with me at the moment.

I also saw the "Legendary" Thelma Houston singing her one hit (and two other songs). My life is now complete. :)

Meanwhile, I guess Officer Ian is sending an Emile clone, since the aliens did not return the original Brown Fairy.
_Blackjack
Posted on Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 4:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wow, you guys certainly had more fun than I did. The amusement park was great, but I had an awful crisis-y thing when I got home which sorta blew the evening. I'd have rather been drinking with you guys, but it was actualy good that I was here, since I was needed.
Bunnylebowski
Posted on Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry, I got it backwards, and I mispoke. I meant I thought you had been brewing yours before Jade was in the works, but I know that Ted is the absinthe godfather and he's been doing it longer than any of us. I certainly didn't mean that you had been into absinthe longer than Ted or Don, so apologies there. Ah the judgement is still a bit impaired! Sorry to put words in your mouth, and it was great to meet you, and everyone else!

And I am quite new at this in comparison to many of you, so I'll keep it in check...
The_Nephilim
Posted on Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 3:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I never said that I was at it longer than Ted. I never even elluded to that. It is simply not true.

There was plenty of green flowing, so I can understand how there may been a misunderstanding.

On the subject of Ted's stuff, many at the table heard me say, i have a long way to go in order to achieve what Ted has done.

Good to meet you all. Thank you Louched Liver, you throw a great party.
Artemis
Posted on Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ted's been at it much longer than Nephilim. I've never had any absinthe come up on me; that *would* be a new experience.
Admin
Posted on Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 2:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

not to speak for him too much, but Ted's involvement stretches back a long, long time ...
Bunnylebowski
Posted on Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Louched for organizing the GT. Was very educational and fun.
I was astonished at how good Nephilm's is. It tasted as good coming up as it did going down. He's an incredibly cool guy too, who will probably now disappear back into the shadows, but I hope I get to try more of his offerings. Nephilims been at it longer than Ted or Don, so he definitely deserves respect!

That NBC news thing on absinthe was absurd. If that's the sort of country we live in, it will never be legalized, which I think is a good thing because that way we won't have to pay huge import taxes. Keep my drugs illegal please because that way the getting of them is that much more fun.

BTW, Wolvies Verte and Blanche were absolutely horrid! Don't taste like LB to me!

New? I think you have me confooosed with someone else, either that or I was so El Stinko I don't remember. I am new to having Hogsmack, that's for sure though, and I've only been posting here about a month, although lurking for much much longer.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to post a picture in my message, so I put in a pic in my profile of all the bottles at the GT before we annhilated them (or rather they annihilated us).

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page