Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Markus?

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Archive Thru July 2002 » Markus? « Previous Next »

Mclion
Posted on Monday, July 8, 2002 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Perruche,
you're right: Germany = Anis-hater-Land... Well not everybody, but quite a number don't like it. Maybe they once had too much Pernod - which is not a nice hangover at all! Maybe they are simply too stupid... lot's of braindeads around.

I got this sample bottle of Serpis dry here - brrrrr - believe me: you don't want to try it! I'd rather perfer blood if it has to be red!

Markus
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Saturday, July 6, 2002 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

La Fee is worth trying, but I'd recommend getting the gift pack with the mini bottle first. I know some people like it, but Un Emile and F. Guy are both much better - unsweetened and without the artificial color.

If these were like the cheap macerated absinthes, I'd say save your money, but they're entirely different. I find that Emile 68 gets particularly interesting somewhere between the second and third glasses - though I wouldn't want to do that every day, especially if I was alone. It was really scary.

Hey Markus - what's up with this "Serpis Dry"? Do lots of Germans hate anise? I've seen a few sites now advertising various Czech and Spanish brands as "dry" or even "anise-free"... it just seems strange to me.
Ryan
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wonderful. Thank you! Happy 4th to all.
Anatomist
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I've been here for ages and I hadn't made the connection either - mostly because I wasn't paying attention. I got sick of all the absinthes that were available to me (at non-extortionist prices) a while back and decided to give it a rest until the Jade products came out. Lately, a lot of new options have become available, and I'm beginning to suspect that the meteor that extinguishes all mammalian life from the planet will arrive sooner than Jade. I think I'll be trying E68, LaFee, and F.Guy sometime soon.

K.
Admin
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 6:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Markus is the lovely fellow who runs the site ... and sometimes posts here as mclion
Ryan
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 6:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you,

At the risk of sounding naive, I did not know that the imfamous "markus" was the La Fee Verte site. In the little that I've read in the archives, I've heard "markus" mentioned, but when viewing your Vendors list, I did not see this particular name. Who/What is Markus? Even on the La Fee site I still don't see the name?

Please forgive me, for I am virgin.
Admin
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

all the vendors mentioned in the guide can be found on my vendor page: Vendors

and here's Markus' site: la Fee Verte Germany
Ryan
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 5:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello all..

Could someone please offer up the address of the Warkus website?

Thanks

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page