Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through July 04, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Archive Thru July 2002 » Update to the Forum Etiquette Rules in the FAQ » Archive through July 04, 2002 « Previous Next »

Anatomist
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Look, you dipshits. Go ply your petulance somewhere else. Neither of you even represent the shadow of a wart on the ass of this forum. Listening to your moralistic puling and the implied aspersions cast in Kallisti's direction is starting to initiate the slow process of actually pissing me off. I won't be the only one.

You are perfectly free to recite absinthe distillation formulas as a personal litany 24 hours per day. You can shout it from your roof. You can leave messages on the local ATF answering machine. You can print up a flyers and drop them from a plane. Phone it in on talk shows. Bore your co-workers to tears with it....

The idea that your freedoms are being impinged upon here is beyond preposterous. Of course, the worst part is neither of you gives a rat's ass about making your own absinthe, and you just want to bitch to hear your own voices and squeeze your own over-civilized nads to see if there's any juice left in them.

If you read the recent threads, you'll see that someone actually was visited by the ATF. Nobody here wants that shit. If you do, go seek it on your own nickel. If you want to direct half-witted, ill-considered insults toward our hostess, expect a logarithmic increase in this kind of attention.

K.
Admin
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 7:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

once again, also, please see my post in the Hogsmack thread: Screeeeeech Post

I cannot say anymore than I already have. But I take this very seriously ... these people are my friends, and I care very much how this place affects them, and you.
Ryan
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 7:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Out of respect for this great forum, I'd gladly adhere to any new guidelines, as lame and inappropriate as they may be.

Referring to the initial post on this string: "HOWEVER. Due to recent events, as of July 2002 the Sepulchritude Forums cannot allow the discussion of home made absinthe, distillation of spirits, home distillation, as such activities are illegal in the U.S. and carry severe penalties."

I'd like to know what these "recent events" are.

Did the ATF actually contact Sepulchritude?

With all due respect, I must say.. THIS IS WRONG. :(
Mogan_David
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 7:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

If you choose not to talk about something because of fear or intimidation I consider that censorship. You can call it whatever you wish.
Ryan
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 7:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Discussing the distillation of Absinthe is perfectly legal. Taking part in it is another story. I don't believe the ATF gives a damn about us.

..but rules are rules..(sigh)
Anatomist
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 6:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"BTW, How do you feel about letting the government censor your free speech like this? Nice Fourth of July topic eh?"

Well, if any censorship were actually going on, it might be a good topic. If you read the rule, it's actually about applying wise restraint to help forum members avoid harassment by law enforcement. Government censorship would be the government shutting Kallisti down or commandeering her server to delete some of the forum/site content. If you started discussing details of how to hijack airliners here, wouldn't you expect law enforcers to investigate you? In either instance, the government wouldn't want to censor you - they'd want you to keep running your mouth so they could gather as much information as you were willing to volunteer.

Since the how-to's of making absinthe isn't the purpose of this site, Kallisti censorship on this matter seems sensible.

K.
Mogan_David
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Please don't get me wrong that was a gripe about our government, not Kalisti.
Nascentvirion
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 6:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I dont think its censoring info... The infos out there if you want it bad enough. She just cannot condone illegal activities.
Mogan_David
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 6:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I believe it was the FBI's HRT team that murdered those people.

Don't get me started.

MD
Mogan_David
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

This is probably moot since no one wants to discuss techniques. Just out of curiosity, how about questions concerning masceration, coloration and recipies in general?

None of those things are illegal.

BTW, How do you feel about letting the government censor your free speech like this? Nice Fourth of July topic eh?
Ryan
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 6:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I don't know about all of you, but I've got a mote with alligators. I say, bring it on ATF!
Nascentvirion
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 6:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wasnt it the ATF that set fire to the Branch Dividen compound ? Or was that the army ??
Ryan
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 5:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Prosthesis..

Where did you get that riviting bit on atomic fallout?

After watching about 30 seconds of it, I feel like shooting myself in the head.
Pikkle
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ooh... I just got all the nipples... soft and plyable... ooooooh!!!!!!!
Admin
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 5:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

sorry, li'l buddy.

it's just not gonna work. too much at risk.
Pikkle
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 5:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"If one were so inclined, one could hogsmack like so... "
Pikkle
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Headly... just got your message, was out back tending to my wilted pepper plants... I'm hungry!!!!!!!!
Pikkle
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 5:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It's really in how it's presented... as opposed to say "well my method for hogsmacking is... " one should indicate "a good method for hogsmacking is... " Just be vague, use lots of indefinite articles and have a nice fucking day!
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Atomic Bombs are a scant more entertaining.
Admin
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 4:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

also, please see my post in the Hogsmack thread: Screeeeeech Post
Pikkle
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

oh... how about just have everyone who talks about hogsmacking include the disclaimer "for entertainment purposes only." Works for everything else... like making nuclear bombs.
Admin
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 4:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

yes, the absinthe lobby is more like a dimly lit, smoke filled foyer.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 4:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Commercial sponsorship and lobbyists.
Pikkle
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 4:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I wonder how "High Times" stays in business then...
Admin
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

this is new:

4)FORBIDDEN SUBJECTS: Well, that sounds rather foreboding. HOWEVER. Due to recent events, as of July 2002 the Sepulchritude Forums cannot allow the discussion of home made absinthe, distillation of spirits, home distillation, as such activities are illegal in the U.S. and carry severe penalties. This is in order to protect the forum participants from unwanted attention from such agencies as the ATF. Please be aware that this is a publicly read forum, and keep that in mind when making your posts. Inappropriate posts will be deleted. Please contact a moderator if you have any questions.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page