Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through July 05, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » The Monkey Hole » HOPE I DIE BEFORE I GET OLD » Archive through July 05, 2002 « Previous Next »

Raschied
Posted on Friday, July 5, 2002 - 12:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

One of the long-term effects of popping Vikes (vicodin) is deafness. I wonder what they'll discover about oxy-Contin in 20 years.
Traineraz
Posted on Friday, July 5, 2002 - 12:55 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

On the other hand, he could go out on an O.D. and always be remembered young and vital, like Kurt Cobain, or that guy from Alice in Chains, or Heroin Fred down the street, or that homeless corpse I tripped over last week (I almost FELL!), or Rush Limbaugh . . . oops, I shouldn't have mentioned him yet, that's next week . . . I mean, I heard he was doing a lot of drugs, didn't you?
Nolamour
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 8:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Raschied, no, I appreciate it...

That's exactly what I've done for a long time now...Everytime I talk to his Mother, she tells me to keep calling him and touring with him because I'm one of his few "real" friends. I remember the guy from Grammar and High School and not the one with the good drugs. Most parasites claim to be great buddies and just want free entry to the Arenas, free shirts, and so on and so on...

He knows how I feel about it all. But, when you can get anything you want for free, I guess it's hard to turn down. I'll keep trying...thanks.
Raschied
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 8:05 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Then again, maybe I've been watching too much "Behind the Music" and should mind my own business.
Raschied
Posted on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 8:03 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Dude, if anyone needs to tell him to chill out, it sounds like it should be you. The worst that could happen is that he doesn't let you backstage anymore. The best is that you save his life. He may listen to an old friend more than his new ones.
Nolamour
Posted on Wednesday, July 3, 2002 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It's unfortunate that I might put this in the "Dead Rockers" thread.

I went to see a friend of mine at a show the other night...his band was headlining. He, by the way, is an internationally known singer and I can't divulge his name...he wouldn't like this if it got back to him.
We grew up together and I went one way and he went the other...we only see each other on tour as I get to "hang on the bus" a few dates here and there.

To my post: I have watched my friend go through the battles of stardom and it hurts to see his demise, so to speak...you know, the life of a rock star ie. Morrison, Cobain, etc. He was in another state of mind on stage and could barely speak or keep his eyes open. I had to leave after watching him tumble and fall over a monitor after about the 5th song. I looked over at his mother and saw the sadness in her face as she is well aware of his decline. The crowd didn't seem to care as they still love him and the younger ones think his disconcerted behavior is cool.

I just hate to think he'd be on this thread as another well known musician, DEAD due to drugs and alcohol. His talent is unsurpassed and it is tough to watch the "Rock Star" life take away a great guy...but, it is his choice and he has done quite well financially. Maybe too well.

Just wanted to vent my distress.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Saturday, June 29, 2002 - 1:05 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

'Catch a Fire' is one great book. When I started reading it I just couldn't put it down.
Pikkle
Posted on Friday, June 28, 2002 - 6:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

oh shucks... more dead rockers... like the rest of us who'll be dead... equality finally...
Traineraz
Posted on Friday, June 28, 2002 - 12:07 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

If I were gonna put $$$ on a dead pool - I gotta think Keith Richard's number is about up.

Keith's number was up about 20 years ago . . . isn't he one of the walking dead? He looks like something dreamed up by George Romero.

Perhaps his real name is Barnabas Collins?
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 10:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Bye Bye Boris
Bass Fer Yer Face
Nolamour
Posted on Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Keith Richards will live on just to piss off those that have been betting on him for 20 years.

I had my money on Jerry Garcia...Or is he Dead?

I picked up a guitar after watching Ace Freeley cloud up the stage with his "smoking" Gibson.
Pikkle
Posted on Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh no, just think of all those people who spent good money on tickets for this tour! Wow, what a rip off now...
Albertcamus
Posted on Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

wow thats sucks,he was one of the musicians that inspired me to play when I was a teenager.
Marccampbell
Posted on Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 5:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Rock critic Timothy White died today. He wrote
CATCH A FIRE, a biography of Bob Marley, and
THE NEAREST FAR AWAY PLACE, a biography of the Beach Boys. He was a contributor to Crawdaddy, Rolling Stone, and was editor of Billboard magazine. He was 50.
Barsnake
Posted on Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Like a perservative? - Eh?
_Blackjack
Posted on Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 4:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Barsnake, not only is that grim, it also fails to take into account the William S. Burroughs factor. If you survive putting a sufficient quantity of junk in your system, it renders one with preternaturally long life.
Barsnake
Posted on Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 4:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

*clink*
Thegreenimp
Posted on Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Time to have a glass in memory of all that have gone before.....(Far too many favorites)
Jay
Barsnake
Posted on Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

If I were gonna put $$$ on a dead pool - I gotta think Keith Richard's number is about up.
Barsnake
Posted on Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 4:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Heart Attack - jammin with Keith Moon now.
Marccampbell
Posted on Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Who's next? (pun intended)
Thegreenimp
Posted on Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The ranks are thinning.
Jay
Marccampbell
Posted on Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 4:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

He was found dead in his room at the Hard Rock Hotel. No more info at this time. The Who were scheduled to play at the Hard Rock tomorrow night.
Thegreenimp
Posted on Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Good Lord, How did that happen?
Marccampbell
Posted on Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

John Entwistle died today. In Vegas.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page