Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Los Angeles based Director

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » The Monkey Hole » Los Angeles based Director « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through July 08, 2002Pikkle25 7-8-02  7:14 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Traineraz
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 2:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ah, I knew I had this around somewhere . . .

blair
_Blackjack
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 10:47 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

If you're near Burkittsville, can't you just walk a couple of miles to a gravel road?

DUH! Because it's EEEEVIL!
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, July 8, 2002 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh yeah... I was at work inhaling all the wonderous fumes of man's industrious nature... must have gotten it confused... yes, Man Bites Dog, fucking great example of how you'd mockumentary just about anything if you really wanted to... brilliant, absolutely brilliant!
Tell Yvonne I said "Hi"
I bet you just hate that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Monday, July 8, 2002 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Pikkle, didjoo mean Man Bites Dog? French mass murderer with documentary crew?

I love that movie.

"Granny... SNUFF!!!"
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, July 8, 2002 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

We used to inhabit this grain silo, it was metal and have small camp fires inside... the acoustics were a fucking trip, especially since we were probably imbibing and inhaling and whatever else was going around at that moment... the rest of the grain mill was pretty fucking spooky and come to think of it, it probably wasn't too brainy poking around the place in the middle of the night with no decent lighting... strange pits and delapidated equipment, far scarier than masked ghouls with sickles... oh, that was us, I forgot!
Nolamour
Posted on Monday, July 8, 2002 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Pikkle...That sounds fun.

There is an old abandoned Amusement park in NOLA called Lincoln Beach. Once you sneak through the dilapidated security fence, you find yourself in a hidden Ghost town. No zombies in there, but the neighborhood surrounding it is like a warzone...the gun wielding gansters are far more dangerous than the witches.
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, July 8, 2002 - 10:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

As Head can testify, we spent many a night in some of the creepier places in the greater Ypsilanti area... abandoned grain silos, paper mills, decrepit farms... and never once were we chainsawed, hacked to piece with an axe, a meat clever, buried up to our chins for the culinary pleasure of old farmers or ripped to shreds by zombies... we may have peed on ourselves but that had nothing to do with the atmosphere, or lack thereof...
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Monday, July 8, 2002 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

There is a hilarious parody of BW called "The Blah Witch Project" -- it is (or was -- the link doesn't seem to be working) available at www.strangepictures.com.

I didn't have a lot of sympathy for the characters in BW. I camp a lot and don't get scared by all those funny noises, so all this fear of the outdoors just seemed silly. I was annoyed by the pushy girl and her doofus friends. I wanted to see them die horribly. Especially when the idiot THREW HIS MAP AWAY... which didn't seem realistic, BTW. A newbie in the woods will usually cling to his map, even if he can't read it.

If you're near Burkittsville, can't you just walk a couple of miles to a gravel road? It's not like Glacier National Park or the Boundary Waters, where if you start walking the wrong way you're heading straight into nowhere.

That said, it did work for me, the first time. The house was really creepy. I grew up out in the country near lots of old farmsteads that had been foreclosed on/consolidated, so there were plenty of rotting old houses just like that one. Never encountered any murderous ghosts, though.
Traineraz
Posted on Monday, July 8, 2002 - 9:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sounds like a Saddam Hussein anti-American prop-and-gandalf film!
Nolamour
Posted on Monday, July 8, 2002 - 9:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I got a good one for ya...

"The Great Satan at Large" - Any public access fiends out there?

I have a very bad copy of this, but it's a classic...like none other I've seen.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page