Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Advice for a la Fee newby

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Archive Thru July 2002 » Advice for a la Fee newby « Previous Next »

Bjacques
Posted on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 9:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Drinking La Fee is all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Or ear, as the case may be.
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 2:47 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Prease send back to People Replublic of Taiwan for furr refund!
Binky
Posted on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 1:30 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wierd... maybe that's because the front is shiny & the back not?

Anyway, warm soapy water is fine...
Chevalier
Posted on Monday, July 15, 2002 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I polished the spoon with metal polish. The damn stuff took off the eye entirely. (But not the advertising blurb "eAbsinthe.com", etched on the back of the handle. Figures ...)
Binky
Posted on Monday, July 15, 2002 - 11:07 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

The eye logo on the spoons is not a decal, but an etch. It's burnt into the metal somehow (beyond me, perhaps using these "lazers" I've heard so much about [snigger]).

I've tried scratching with my fingernail etc & the image is just fine, and I've washed my spoons repeatedly with no ill effects whasoever. I don't however use a dishwasher though -- maybe that's the problem.

If anyone has problems with spoons they should send them back and explaing what the matter is and I'm sure they'll happily be replaced.
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 5:42 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Shit, I barely even wipe...
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 5:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Mine have held up fine, but that's because I don't wash them, just wipe gently after use... the absinthe and sugar will eventually "season" your spoon to authentic Belle Epoche standards.
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

No... set it on the table, and carefully look at it... you didn't really think it was supposed to be functional, did you? Cripes!
Nascentvirion
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 5:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thats true but you've gotta admit when the spoon comes in contact with water. That decal doesnt have a chance after awhile.
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 5:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You're not supposed to wash it... hell, you're not even supposed to use it... just put it up in the display cabinet with the spoons you collected travelling across Bavaria. C'mon now dude!
Nascentvirion
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 5:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Mine got here with no problem, but their prices are too high for that stuff. You can find better quality for lesser or the same price. Those goddamn spoons are a joke. The damn decal rubs right off. Be lucky if your spoon lasts more than 5 washes.
_Blackjack
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

To answer this question...again, the only situations I am aware of in which the government as intercepted packages are:

1) A large shipment in which some of the bottles broke, so the shipment was disposed of

2) A couple of cases where the USDA opened them checking for unauthorized vegetables (forbidden fruit?), then re-sealed them and sent them on without problems

3) A couple of shipments to Canada which were intercepted because to is illegal to send alcohol via the mails

In short, nobody seems to really care.
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

that probably explains the rich patina of your canines...
Mr_Green_Teeth
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 11:21 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I received my order of La Fee from eabsinthe.com with no problems.
Baz
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

yet I keep listening

gleefully
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 11:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

In cyberspace, no one can hear you scream...
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 7:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Death by Sepulchritude...
Itchy
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 7:47 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I was wondering if anyone in the forum has had a shipment seized by US customs or any other US Gvt. agency? If so what were the consequences? I can't picture an absinthe sniffing dog at the port authority but I just thought I'd ask.
Thanks.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page