Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Absinthe "Manguin N° 1"?

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Archive Thru July 2002 » Absinthe "Manguin N° 1"? « Previous Next »

Pataphysician
Posted on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

So, I was talking to my slightly dim sister-in-law about Celine Dion.

I said, "She over-sings everything. She's too dramatic."

She says, in all earnestness: "Well, of course she's dramatic -- she's Canadian!"
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 10:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, I don't hear Justin Timberlake crooning out anything close to "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" now do I?
Greenmeanie
Posted on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 6:30 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Alpha!

How could ANYONE hate us (except the French, they hate everyone)!!?? We gave the world In Sync, The Backstreet Boys and O-Town! What would you do without them, listen to Celine? ;->
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 5:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It funny... I used to know these people from Croatia and Yugoslavia... they had kids named Elvis... so I though, well maybe that's like some ethnic slavic name... no, they named their kids after Elvis Presley... how fucked up! No wonder everyone hates us!
Nascentvirion
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

We Americans are responsible for Elvis & Ronald McDonald. Would you like Fries with that ?
Alphasoixante
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

greenmeanie,

maybe you can answer the great question that has mystified so many for so long: why oh why do people hate americans?

imagine using the words "american" and "pass...exam" in the same sentence.
Traineraz
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 1:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Jeez, I just take em to the recycling center . . . Never know when customs will track a package to you, pop in for a visit, and see a shelf full of empties!

"Why, this isn't your FIRST bottle at all!! We are APPALLED that you would claim such a thing!"

The only bottle I'm hanging onto is the 1936-series Royal Crown Cola bottle I found when cleaning my ductwork.
Greenmeanie
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm terribly sorry, I really should apologize to our Canadian bretheren. That last post of mine was so cold hearted. After all they are just Americans who couldn't pass the entrance exam!!
Greenmeanie
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 1:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Are Canadians and rats synonymous?
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 11:22 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Always something there to remind me... I think I've got every empty bottle of absinthe I've ever ordered... ya never know when those customs guys will be digging around your trash... (and imagine the hoopla over all that trash we export to Canada if it were discovered that the U.S. was illegally exporting minute amounts of absinthe to Canadian rats! Oh the scandal!)
Baz
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

my free spoons came with serpis
Chevalier
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 11:07 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

And the chintzy free spoon's still sitting around to remind you.
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 11:05 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I think I remember getting a bottle of that the same time I go the Versinthe and the Amesinthe... oh boy was I excited! Two years ago... silly child I was.
Chevalier
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 11:03 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I hear ya, brother...I hear ya.
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 11:01 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wow, talk about ancient history... get a clue!!!!
Chevalier
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 10:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Never mind ... I've succumbed to newbie-itis. Manguin is all over the forum. Sorry.
Chevalier
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 10:47 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Can't remember anyone talking about this one. Another "thujone-reduced" absinthe. Real, or ...?

http://www.manguin.com/pastis.htm

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page