Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Ordered Swiss La Bleue

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Archive Thru July 2002 » Ordered Swiss La Bleue « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through July 10, 2002Mogan_David25 7-10-02  6:33 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Greenmeanie
Posted on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 8:31 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

MD

I think Remington shells are green. That might work for color! OR!!! Handload the green Jolly Ranchers into the green Rem hulls AND use green wads!!!! Gotta go now....too excited......
Petermarc
Posted on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

in france, it's a legal-thing...after 45°, a distilled anis or absinthe has to have sugar in it (i have no idea why)... oxygénée is 55° and has sugar added...pernod absinthe 68° has no sugar, but it is macerated (which is how they got around the law...pity)versinthe 'la blanche' is 57°, has no sugar, but is macerated...(it does have 30 mg/ltr of thujone because of this, and is why they had to label it " 'amer'(bitters can have up to 35 mg/ltr of thujone)aux plantes d'absinthe" instead of 'spiritueux' )
françois guy is distilled but only 45° with no sugar, un émile 45°, distilled, has no sugar, un émile 68° is distilled, has no sugar, and cannot legally be sold in france...
this is most likely the case with trenet and pere kermann, but who cares, they're awful... french products like absente have sugar, are legal, and are made like pastis... and so it goes...french law actually favors the production of lesser quality products when it come to absinthe...go figure
Admin
Posted on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

the majority of current commercial brands have additional sweeteners added.

traditional absinthe's did not. however anise does impart a certain amount of sweetness to the product, but it is subtle and not the wham banger we are familiar with in the spanish products.
Mogan_David
Posted on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 3:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Now for a serious question.

Why are all (ok, just the ones I've tasted) comercial absinthe's sweet?

I'm getting to the point that I can't drink Deva anymore because I find the sweetness too cloying.

Was the original Pernod sweetened?

BTW Greenie, I like the 12ga idea, but think of the poor rolly pollys. They have to live in that ground on which that clear la bleue will be raining down. Better just to give it to Pikkle, he works with noxious substances all day. Also I've heard that green Jolly Ranchers can restore the color to a clear La Bleue.
Mogan_David
Posted on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 2:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

And never, ever, taunt Happy Fun Ball.
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 2:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Except in the case of clear La Bleue which when steeped with some herbs emits noxious and poisonous fumes... please wear a respirator when attempting this dangerous feat!
Ekmass
Posted on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 1:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Mr green teeth. Most likely whatever Blue you bought will be better than most commercial stuff. That said, some Blues are not that good. Keep in mind that alot is home made bootleg stuff that tastes like well home made booze. If you have nothing to compare it too you should be happy with your purchase. It tastes like absinthe, packs a punch and is refreshing. If you are worried about the clear color I suggest you get the required herbs (not wormwood though) and steep half your stash for an hour or so. It will be green and an improved flavor. And to my knowledge, steeping alcohol in in plants is not illegal. Enjoy.
EM
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 10:05 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, i'd normally not just jump in and bail out a stranger like this, but with such a precarious situation at hand, I have no choice... why am I always the nice guy? I can probably dispose of it properly, barring any rapid oxidation issues during transportation (always keep the bottle at a 12 degree angle when carrying and never ever look directly into the sun!) Just contact me for further instructions.
Greenmeanie
Posted on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 8:16 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey MD30.30!

12ga, 3", 00, full choke! No problem!!

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page