Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Yay...order arrived!

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Absinthe & Collectibles Archive thru January 2003 » Yay...order arrived! « Previous Next »

Pikkle
Posted on Saturday, July 20, 2002 - 4:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

No one's ever sent me cheap as spoons unfortunately... I don't know if that makes me lucky or not.
Nolamour
Posted on Saturday, July 20, 2002 - 1:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

HELL YEA!

HUGE order arrived today! OK, time for a freakin party...Share the wealth right?

Ever notice whenever you order from certain people, they always throw in some cheap ass spoons...I have a drawer full of these things. I could send them to you, pikkle, and you could melt them down and make a battle ship.
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Just in time for Bastille day! Off with their knuckles!!!
Brett
Posted on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, I originally ordered on the 12th of June, but Markus had to reship it on the 25th, and it showed up on the 8th of July, but Canada Day delayed things. It took 9 days, but had there been no holiday it would have only taken 8.
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 9:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh you poor soul... we can help... and we will.
Mvario
Posted on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Brett,

When did you order? I put in an order on the 30th and just trying to get an idea of ehn to expect it.

and Perruche Verte, I still like Oxy, very much. ;-)
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 10:07 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

What kind of a review is that? If I closed my eyes, I'd think you were comparing Blatz to Schlitz! C'mon now, get it together!
Brett
Posted on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 8:15 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I tried the Oxygenée last night and must say I'm rather disappointed. The first glass was rather watery, although the fiancé did add too much water. The flavor was a little better on the second glass, with a lower ratio but it is still rather thin. The louche is reminiscent of Old Way, but not quite as bright. Compared back to back with Francois Guy, the Oxygenée comes off as the loser.

It's drinkable; I like it to some extent. Would I buy it again? Maybe, but only if I had the money to spare.
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 10:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm not very favorable to the taste... It really tastes like a pastis to me, not nearly as pungent as let's say Versinthe but much more balanced than Absente IMHO. I'm just not a fan of it but I'll drink it in a pinch which I can't say for any Czech absinthe.
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 10:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

No one seems to have much good to say about poor old Oxygenee anymore... but there was such excitement here when it came out. Is it just that different from real absinthe? Or is the main concern whether it really contains A. absinthium?
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 10:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Just throw the Oxygenee out... or mix it with Pinesol and make your floor sticky clean!
Brett
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

My order from Markus arrived yesterday in safe condition.

I have yet to try the Oxygenéee, but I tried the Francois Guy and really enjoy it. It seems to be a tad bit on the sweet side with sugar, but the flavour is very good and the louche is quite nice. I'll probably try the Oxygenée tonight.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page