Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

My friend's introduction to abinsthe

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Archive Thru July 2002 » My friend's introduction to abinsthe « Previous Next »

Baz
Posted on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 7:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Don't ever, EVER, compare hill's to bourbon...
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 5:31 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"He seemingly "forgot" his bottle at my place..."

Your friend? What an asshole!

heeheehee
Brett
Posted on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 1:29 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Dammit boy, bourbon's a sippin' whiskey! :)
Pikkle
Posted on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 1:27 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Might as well drink straight bourbon... if you like that burning sensation, at least you'll get some taste out of it...
Brett
Posted on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 1:23 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

We tried to warn him, but he insisted...
Traineraz
Posted on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 1:21 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, it is high in alcohol, a weeeeee bit stronger than most any shot he might be used to. The intense throat-burning thing might have had some impact; that's why most people don't do absinthe (or Hill's) shots. :)
Brett
Posted on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 12:32 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry, the camera doesn't work so well in the hot tub. Apparently wet film can't develop properly or some crazy nonsense like that.

Perhaps this will help. At first, he looked mildly perturbed, like when you eat a lemon. But then his jaw dropped and his eyes went really wide then really narrow then really wide again. He just kind of sat there like that making some sort of gasping noise.
Pikkle
Posted on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 12:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, I should have... but I didn't... so what to do? Next time, bring a camera, okay? OKAY????
Brett
Posted on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 11:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, you should have seen the expression on the face of another friend who tried a shot of Hill's.
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

HAHAHAHA!!!!
Brett
Posted on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

My friend, after long desiring absinthe finally went to the liquor store and to his grave misfortune bought a bottle of Hill's.

I got an ICQ message from him sometime after his second or third glass proclaiming absinthe to be the best thing ever created.

It turns out he somehow managed to drink just over half the bottle in about an hour!

He brought his bottle of Hill's to my get together a few days ago and was unable to even take more than a few sips from his glass. He couldn't even finish the glass of Absente I gave him, because he could only taste Hill's when he drank it. He seemingly "forgot" his bottle at my place and is in no big hurry to pick it up, but he is looking forward to trying something better.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page