Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Shipping Problems from Germany?

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Archive Thru July 2002 » Shipping Problems from Germany? « Previous Next »

Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I finally got the following arrangement from Markus. As soon as he will get back his second package from Canadian customs, he will send back to my credit card the value of the bottles excluding shipping.

I think it`s a sad but fair deal. Markus is an honest man and those not living in Quebec Canada should be happy dealing with him.

I now have no choice but to find another source if I want to get this lovely F.Guy.

In the meantime, I`m working hard to make a personal contact for La bleue in Switzerland... A nice little Swiss goth girl is working on it for me right now... I just hope it will be a good one...

Good things in life are usually not easy to get.
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Or six!
Brett
Posted on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 11:13 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wolfgang, my re-shipped two bottle order arrived here in British Columbia without any problems. Maybe if the order was sent in two packages you'd have better luck?
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 10:57 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Pikkle, yes but it would cost extra shipping to do so and it's already expensive...

I'll try to see what I can do with this guy looking for a legal private import through SAQ. Apparently the cost is about 3 times the original cost but I guess that's about what we pay anyway when we include shipping and profit.
Chevalier
Posted on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 9:21 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Welcome back, Wolfgang! It's been pretty slow around here lately ...
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 9:09 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Did you ever think to send via someone in the U.S? I'm almost positive there isn't nearly the scrutiny for your friendly little cousins in the south! Just make sure the return address isn't from anyone named Hakeem or Omar...
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 9:04 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Markus tryed to send me my 4 bottles order twice. It got stuck in custom both times. He was able to get back his packages from them but of course he had to pay the shipping back to his place. That makes 4 shipping charges for him, I guess he's now losing money on that one... It may have something to do with his not so subtle exporter name... We'r still trying to find a way to resolve this unpleasant situation. Very frustrating because I would really like to get my bottles of Francois Guy... Or at least some money back.

Many people here in Quebec are waiting for the outcome of this misadventure before sending an order to him. I hope we'll find a solution.

Someone I know is looking for a private order by the SAQ to buy F.Guy directly from the producer. It may become another possible way to get it here... We will see.
Absinthedrinker
Posted on Monday, July 15, 2002 - 11:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It might be worth asking if you can have it delivered by courier. For the extra cost it will be hand cleared through customs and should arrive at your door within 2 days.
Giovannigray
Posted on Monday, July 15, 2002 - 5:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

My last order from Markus took longer than usual, 17 calendar days, 11 business days.. I place the blame on my local Post Office, though, who have been sloppy when it comes to delivering packages from other countries in addition to Germany.

They get here, but not without unnecessary delay. My last order from the UK, for example, sat in my local P.O. for one week until I called THEM to see if had arrived. Sheesh.
Joalco
Posted on Monday, July 15, 2002 - 3:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I was just wondering if anyone other than myself has recently had problems with shipments mailed from Germany. I've lost a very expensive shipment in the last month, as well as having the shipment that did make it here to Austin come in damaged.

I'm very hesitant to order again, especially with no guarantees (unlike Spirits Corner, which boasts a smaller selection...). Has anyone else experienced a similar problem in the last month or so, or am I just an unlucky bastard?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page