Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through July 17, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Fountains » Archive through July 17, 2002 « Previous Next »

Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, July 17, 2002 - 8:40 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

It'll do the trick.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2122729485
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, July 12, 2002 - 6:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

You have a good point, Ted: four spigots and a shorter fountain don't mix well. It's not much fun when the spigot level is lower than the top of a glass. And a shallower water well means that you'd have to refill it more often. (Assuming, of course, that you'd be cranking those four spigots at the same time, which is what I'd be doing!)
Tabreaux
Posted on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 11:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The four spigot fountain is shorter, which may not be to your liking. Also, if the inside of that box isn't packed differently, there is a very good chance it will arrive in pieces, which is probably why they are unwilling to insure it.
Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 6:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

And for 10 Euros more, Narbey will send you a party-hearty F. Guy fountain with FOUR spigots, as opposed to the two-spigot version Ted sold on eBay.
Traineraz
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 8:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

. . . and he can't manage to insure the package?
Absinthespoon
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 7:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Narby will ship the Francois Guy- Pontarlier Anis fountain (like the one Ted sold on eBay) to the US, but without any guarantee it will arrive intact. I haven't decided yet whether to order or not. You probably have to write in French (I did).

http://www.narbey.com/pontarlier/fontaine.htm
Traineraz
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 7:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Delta Burke?

The Mississippi River Delta?

Delta Dawn?
Zman7
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 7:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Would that be a vintage Delta, or a reproduction?
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 6:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have the old coffee urn AND
the spanish bottle AND
the delta...

Party at my place!
Uncle_Willie
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 5:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

a while back people suggested
www.specialtybottle.com
they had a spanish bottle with a spout on the bottom, works for me. you have to raise it up a bit though.

i believe they dont picture it on the web site -- but may still have some...
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 11:24 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

very cool looking... shame about the affiliation though.
Chevalier
Posted on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 11:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Here's a place where you can order a "Versinthe" absinthe fountain. Looks like they ship internationally.

http://www.nice-art.com/aperitifs.htm
Chevalier
Posted on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Mrs. "It's mountain grown" Olsen and Joltin' Joe DiMaggio would approve, if they weren't dead.
Silent_Rich
Posted on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

HA HA, I'm not the only loser using an old coffee urn ... I feel so relieved
_Blackjack
Posted on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Enema bag. Works wonders.
Bunnylebowski
Posted on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Some happy guy in New York.
Tabreaux
Posted on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 11:22 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Some fool in New Orleans.......
Bunnylebowski
Posted on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Some guy in New Orleans"--
I like you Oxygenee.

your friend,
Grumpylebowski
Chevalier
Posted on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 7:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I've said it before, I'll say it again ... buy an early 1920s Universal electric coffee urn cheap (they almost always go for $35 or less) on eBay. (The electric cord is removable. Throw it away.) Clean the urn and fill it with ice water. You'll have to raise it somewhat; create a base of some kind. Voila: a great "absinthe fountain".

my picture
Faeriemind
Posted on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 5:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks everyone. :) Wonderful ideas. I have my M*A*S*H vodka container at the moment. It looks like an IV from a hospital and drips nicely when you fill it with cold water. I just want something differnt.
Marccampbell
Posted on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 1:54 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

for about $10 a month a company called Sparkletts provides me with a water cooler and 5 gallon jugs of spring water. It makes a great fountain.
Traineraz
Posted on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 12:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Faeriemind -

Perhaps you recall seeing Nola's posting with his wonderful "fountain" from Target, the one with the sunflowers . . . a big spouted jug thingie that you can fill with ice water.

Louched Liver has mentioned that a kitchen sink makes an incredible "budget" fountain if your cold water is actually cold.

If your cold water is hot (like in AZ in the summertime), I believe LL suggested drip-dissolving your sugar first, then placing an ice cube on the spoon for drip-dissolution.

As far as I have seen, you're looking at at least $150, probably $200 for a reproduction fountain via Ebay. The modern one Ted is auctioning is, at least, not pretending to be something it's not.
Oxygenee
Posted on Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 10:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

If you want one immediately, bid on:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2116400966

This is the best of the various modern fountains. The seller is some guy in New Orleans....
Bunnylebowski
Posted on Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello.
Try Justin (member name Chrysippvs) or ebay.
I've seen plenty of pump style non-absinthe fountains from the 50's/60's in flea markets as well.
Faeriemind
Posted on Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 9:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello :) I am new to the board. Actually I am a lurker and this is my first time posting. Anyone know where I can get some Fountains or something like a fountain? Any ideas would be great.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page