Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Marc's New Digs

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » The Monkey Hole » Marc's New Digs « Previous Next »

Chevalier
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 5:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the information, Marc. I can only imagine what life around Blue Lake must be like. Cheers to you for finding out.
Marccampbell
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

chavalier,

there are certain areas of New Mexico that the Indians consider sacred. It has been part of their tradition for hundreds of years that these areas are only to be visited by the elder wisemen of the tribes. One of these places is Blue Lake.
Non-Indians, young Indians and women are only allowed access to Blue Lake unless accompanied by a male elder.
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 9:34 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

http://www.shelterpub.com/_homework/bottlehouse.html
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 9:22 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Here's the house I just bought in Nevada. Its walls are made entirely of empty and full absinthe bottles laid on their sides. Ain't it purdy at night? Whenever I'm in the mood for a tall green one, I just pop the cork on one of my wall bottles and let the 'shine pour into a spackleware cup.

Anybody interested in a bottle house gathering?
Absinthe, yerba matte and tons of green Chileans.

my picture
Pikkle
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 9:15 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ooh... I'm in!
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 9:04 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Pretty much, but without the stains.
Pikkle
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 9:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Is that kind of like prison love too?
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 9:00 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Racism is racism, no matter who's at the receiving end.
Pikkle
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 8:56 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah right, come to Detroit and feel the love...
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 8:22 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"There are areas where white men/women are not allowed ..."

Ah, racism. But when an oppressed minority practices it, can anyone complain?
Traineraz
Posted on Thursday, July 18, 2002 - 7:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

MMMMM Green chilis!!

Nice house.

Hmm, the Mother of the Pikkle lives in Bisbee? Small world. I betcha I know someone who knows someone who knows her.
Marccampbell
Posted on Thursday, July 18, 2002 - 7:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

anatomist,

the Taos area is mostly Indian land and they're not fucking with it. 100s of square miles that are and probably will remain uninhabited. There are areas where white men/women are not allowed, Blue Lake for instance. Taos has a population of about 15,000 people. A small town surrounded by the Sangre de Christo Mountains, the Rio Grande and desert, its only accessible by one highway. And that highway goes straight up mountains.
Pikkle
Posted on Thursday, July 18, 2002 - 6:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Why don't you try Arizona then? My mother lives in Bisbee, about 30 miles south of Tombstone... it's an old mining town tucked away in the mountains, full of art shops and the like and not the least bit commercialized as far as I'm concerned. Okay, yeah, it tends to be boring and trips down to Nogales are a virtual requirement but if you really want to get away from the world for a while...
Anatomist
Posted on Thursday, July 18, 2002 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

As soon as my sentence in Florida is up, that area in NM is on my short list of places to which I might move. I used to love it more than any other state. However, last time I went there, I drove to Albuquerque, and it seemed like it may have went the way of Colorado: asshole to elbow with people. Ruined. Something about a big sprawling city in the desert... so much uglier. No trees to obscure the billboards, wires, and filth. Maybe it's better up north. The art Taos/Santa Fe art market is a major draw.
Nolamour
Posted on Thursday, July 18, 2002 - 9:32 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Nice Marc!

Looks like fun...

I got whirrled away into one of them vortex thingies in Sedona, Arizona. Now, that place was awesome!
http://www.bonddesign.com/partypics.html
Barsnake
Posted on Thursday, July 18, 2002 - 8:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Awesome abode, Marc...
Don't get sucked up into one of those pesky vortex thingies.

- I had a dream catcher once - but I got it all wet!
Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, July 18, 2002 - 8:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

If you don't move in there, I will! (My name's Marc C., and I too have a French mother. The real estate agent will never know the difference.)
Marccampbell
Posted on Thursday, July 18, 2002 - 1:15 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Here's the house I just bought in Taos.
http://www.taosnewmexico.com/listings/viewlisting.php?Number=200
I'm moving in next week.
Sayonara Las Vegas.

Anybody interested in a Taos gathering?
Absinthe, peyote and tons of green chile.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page