Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through July 18, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » The Monkey Hole » Introducing Tinkerbell » Archive through July 18, 2002 « Previous Next »

Marccampbell
Posted on Thursday, July 18, 2002 - 11:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

are those your grits in your profile photo?
If so, I'll kiss them.
Tinkerbell
Posted on Thursday, July 18, 2002 - 11:40 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Kiss my grits!!!!
Marccampbell
Posted on Thursday, July 18, 2002 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Tinkerbell is a fraud.
Tinkerbell
Posted on Thursday, July 18, 2002 - 11:24 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Betel nuts? Rock climbing?

(attention getter)
Baz
Posted on Thursday, July 18, 2002 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I DO chew betel nut when I go rock climbing sometimes...

That is about as close as I get to taking something for energy though-the idea of a heart attack on the end of a rope sucks!!
Tinkerbell
Posted on Thursday, July 18, 2002 - 11:01 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

We call ourselves the "Knights of Leisure". We don't stand on our float, we sit on velvet sofas and toss only the good stuff!
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, July 17, 2002 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm still there...
Nolamour
Posted on Wednesday, July 17, 2002 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Tink,

I'm also in a couple of Krewes - Which are you speaking of?

Send me an email if you prefer to keep it anonymous.
Tinkerbell
Posted on Wednesday, July 17, 2002 - 8:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Don't be redickulos!! He he! Pikkle pump indeed!

I will gather the details and make an announcement in September. Just keep it in the back of your minds. I rode last year and we had a blast. We never overcrowd the float, we hire a dj and it's catered. Of course there will be a full bar! BYOA
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, July 17, 2002 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Count me in!
Traineraz
Posted on Wednesday, July 17, 2002 - 2:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

What are you offering, Tink? Are you and Pikkle going to demonstrate the Pikkle Pump on a float during Mardi Gras??
Tinkerbell
Posted on Wednesday, July 17, 2002 - 10:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I live in New Orleans. Anyone ever heard of Mardi Gras? (duhhh) A buddy of mine has a float that rolls(!) on Fat Tuesday down Canal st. If anyone is interested let me know. There is still plenty of time, but it is not cheap.
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I do give free demonstrations Tink, but you have to act quickly, this offer expires soon!
Traineraz
Posted on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 12:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I think that was a rhetorical question, Unkie Wolf . . .

Don't worry, we still luvs ya!
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It would probably be possible to chimicaly remove the ethanol keeping the herbal contents in but I doubt the resulting product would be interesting to swallow.

Damn ! Why am I even replying to this one ?!
Tinkerbell
Posted on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

That was soooo attractive Pikkle! By the way, what was that about a better work out?

As for my speed issue, I really don't need anything for my excercise routine, I just enjoy the high. I wonder if there is an alcohol-free Absinthe? All high and no low? Is it possible? Is it worth the trouble?
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, July 15, 2002 - 10:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

BURP!
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, July 15, 2002 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh shucks!. If I could only play the wordsmith like Mr. Anatomist... speaking much and saying very little. I'd much rather save my breath and stick to saying nothing at all, the forum just isn't the mirror for my ego unfortunately...
Tortainglese
Posted on Monday, July 15, 2002 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

If you have to take stimulants to get through your workout, something is seriously WRONG.
My husband is a ballet dancer. He dances all day, all night. A tough vigorous athletic lifestyle he has. I am a retired professional dancer. Never has either of us ever taken anything to "get through a workout." Water, sleep and a good diet should do it.
Anatomist
Posted on Monday, July 15, 2002 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

That's Pikkle. Always clever, unpredictable, and relevant, but most of all... always posting. When are we going to change the name of this place from 'The Absinthe Forum' to 'The Pikkle Show'?

K.
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, July 15, 2002 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'll give you a better workout baby!
Tinkerbell
Posted on Monday, July 15, 2002 - 10:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I don't think I eat enough. Thanks for the advice.
Anatomist
Posted on Sunday, July 14, 2002 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Taking ephedrine prior to working out is also a good way to exponentially increase your risk of dying from an untimely heart attack.

Risks aside, I think using a drug to provide energy for a workout is a bad idea. For one thing, it can enable you to workout too hard, thus prolonging recovery time and making it more likely that you'll be tired and in need of more artificially induced energy next time - the start of a vicious cycle. There are other pitfalls to overtraining as well: overuse injuries, plateaus or declines in performance, reduced immunity, depression, etc...

If you don't have enough energy to workout, your body is telling you that something is wrong. Better to listen. Whatever the cause might be - nutrition, rest, training errors -- it probably isn't drug deficiency.

K, CSCS.
_Blackjack
Posted on Sunday, July 14, 2002 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

Wouldn't that also effect the level of hydration in my body?

God yes. That stuff's full of caffeine and ephedrine. It will shove water out of your system by every availible oriface.
Tinkerbell
Posted on Sunday, July 14, 2002 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I indulged in too much white wine. The first two glasses were good and after that only garbage was available. I also take Hydroxycut for energy before a workout. Wouldn't that also effect the level of hydration in my body? It's amazing how important something so simple as water is.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page