Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

The Listening Room

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Arts & Other Philosophical Sundries » The Listening Room « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through July 19, 2002Lordhobgoblin25 7-19-02  10:34 am
Archive through September 11, 2002Joalco25 9-11-02  8:50 pm
Archive through October 31, 2002Nascentvirion25 10-31-02  6:48 pm
Archive through November 29, 2002Clint25 11-29-02  2:59 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Clint
Posted on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 2:05 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh yeah,
Buy this album and if you don't like it send a reciept and album and I will send you a ten dollar bill .. Yeah, fuckin hell yeah....buy Marv 3's Ready Sex Go and if you dont like it I will refund you 10 fuckin dollars plus whatever it cost you to ship it. ::::This offer valid through 1-25-03::::
Clint
Posted on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 1:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh yeah.....BUTCH F'Gin Walker on M2 till 6. Butch Walker....come on...you know....Marvelous 3.

If you haven't heard of this band....check out Marvelous 3 - Ready Sex Go....It's the BEST modern rock album out.
Clint
Posted on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 12:15 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Anyone know where to pick up the Elling soundtrack or a cd containing the bands in the movie. I have ordered it from my local vinyl shop and they cant find it. So, any Norse folk out there who can tell me anything? The music sounds somewhat like Sigur Ros but not recorded as well or as trippy.
Aion
Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 4:04 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

My favourite record these days:

"Black Earth" by Bohren & Der Club of Gore

http://www.forcedexposure.com/artists/bohren.and.der.club.of.gore.html

I´m quite sure David Lynch would love this one too.

A.
Joalco
Posted on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Pata ~

I can't agree with you more on the Tricky issue. Maxinquaye was an unbelievable album. Premillenium tension had some interesting moments, but would have made a much stronger ep had he cut some of the weaker tracks. Everything else I've heard (including the Nearly God record) has just been lackluster...

I would, however, love to hear a new Portishead album....
Pataphysician
Posted on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 8:40 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Although I listen to all their other stuff a lot I only listened to Mezzanine a couple of times. I just remember a lot of cliched guitars. Guitars! I mean, my god, they have no business being there. It seemed to be a desperate grab for a mainstream audience.

Funny, the same thing happened to Tricky. His first solo album is perfect, THE greatest album to come out of the '90s. But everything after that sucked. I saw him a while back and for most of the show it sounded like fucking REO Speedwagon.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page