Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Subjective Reality as demonstrated th...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » The Monkey Hole » Subjective Reality as demonstrated through Ambien! « Previous Next »

Traineraz
Posted on Saturday, July 20, 2002 - 2:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sounds lovely, Unkie Wolf . . . but then I'd either be waking up in the middle of the night to hit the bathroom, or waking up wet.

I'd rather see daylight before I fall asleep, I think! :)
Wolfgang
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Damiana tea. Suppose to make you horny but just make you sleepy. Only one drawback, it also make you piss twice as much as you can drink...

Taste good ... But I know s better use for that herb...
Pataphysician
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 1:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Nicorette Rulz!! Been chewing it for 4 years now. Now how do I get off of that stuff? Heroin?
Admin
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm currently relying on nicorette and nyquil to get me thru the tough spots.

oh lord. what has become of me?
Traineraz
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, it seems a hypno-sedative drug has much stronger "secondary effects" upon me than any absinthe I've yet experienced, including visual
hallucinations . . . Nothing like watching the words move around.

I've tried melatonin in the past, didn't do anything for me; I think I tried kava kava as well, with similar results.

After taking the Ambien, it was still over 2 hours before I got to sleep, and I didn't sleep particularly steadily; at least I did get better than 7 hours for a change, and I even got to rewrite the news (what an odd thing to do!).

Note to self: Avoid all forms of communication with outside world after taking Ambien.
Pikkle
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I used melatonin sporadically for about a month and goddam if it didn't fuck me up worse than a morphine hangover
Marccampbell
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 11:22 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

kava kava, motherfuckers!
Pataphysician
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 10:54 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Melatonin:

Is that with prolonged use? I only use it one night at a time maybe twice a year. Works wonders for me if I can't sleep. And for jetlag, wow, it totally re-sets your internal clock to whatever time you choose.
Pikkle
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 9:19 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

melatonin, fuck that shit! I had THE worst dreams from it... and then I couldn't wake up! No, I'll stick with chewing valerian root and getting more exercise, thank you very much!
_Blackjack
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 9:18 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Direct supplementation of neurotransmitters and their precursors is, at best, totally ineffective, and at worst, will produce the opposite of the desired effect. There have been numerous studies demonstrating that melatonin can have severe negative side-effects, especially on those with mood and sleep disorders. At least with Ambien, you are (theoretically) under a doctor's supervision.
Pataphysician
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 7:49 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Try Melatonin. Doesn't mess with your REM sleep -- in fact it enhances it, giving you fabulous Absinthe-like dreams. Six hours later, it's a Posturepedic Morning.
Traineraz
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 3:16 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Here's a new one for ya . . .

Ambien. It's supposed to make you go zzzzzzzzzz. It gives little ol' me the dizzies and double-vision and HICCUPS.

In a message dated 7/19/2002 1:59:53 AM US Mountain Standard Time, Nakedpueblo writes:

Quote:

N:i did it oh shit

T:You did what, oh shit?

Let that serve as your introduction to the ramblings of a victim of Ambien . . . hiccups, double vision, and purely subjective perception!

Rather than fall over or get all irrational or something, or become sleepy, I decided to enjoy what I perceived and express as much as I could!

First, I spent about 10-15 minutes contemplating the prophetic changes of my boxer shorts; letters moved freely on the tag, and the stripes made new connections to express patterns and images. Many were not pleasant images; prophesy is not given to please, but to enlighten . . . and entertain!

419.fcd@usss.treas.gov <--I don't know HOW that got in there!

Upon raising my head from my boxer shorts, I found that I had not only a most annoying case of double vision, but that this double vision iwas exacerbated by the background music {Severance - Bauhaus Cover by Dead Can Dance}. Certain elements appear to move or change in conjunction with the changes of the music.
Was this musical selection appropriate for this experiment? How would the images change, were the music altered to "Bodies" by Drowning Pool? (The music then became a distraction, fading out of my mental presence for a time, then vigorously reestablishing itself as a dominant element. Back to DCD!)

Still experience the slow spreadin right to left glob, dark brown but not there extends below the bottom line. It can't rise above so we are safe.
kjjj
Lower lines in window eager to be seen. They shift and wiggle to catch an eye.

So, I got bored (since I wasn't SLEEPY!) and played with Today's Headlines from the New York Times:

Subjective perception of New York Times Headlines

"I, Moussaoui Zacarias, in the interests to preserve my life,
enter with full conscience a plea of guilty, because I have
knowledge and participated in Al Qaeda."
-ZACARIAS MOUSSAOUI, whose plea on charges related to the Sept. 11 attacks is
not a collage of digital imagery or information-age self-reflection, but a silent, black-and-white adaptation of "Dracula."

New York Times correspondents live on the Web?

Enjoying Nature's Magic Act
Over the course of a week, Robert Arnold was thrust into a frenzy that led from a boating accident in Queens to the dismissal of charges against him.

Drama Alters Cast, but the Plot Is Familiar
Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg revealed his appointees to a new educational policy panel that is a central element of mayoral control of the New York City schools. Differences between now and the last are so significant that many say
a steeper raise is inevitable.

Yes, I think the Church of Subjective Perception is just waiting to be established. The monitor seems to agree as it shifts marbling around my words. Perhaps Ambien will be the "right" pill for new initiates, as the Red Pill was for initiates in The Matrix. Pikkle can be my Pez dispenser packer! (Gotta get em to the kiddies SOMEHOW!)

On a more serious note, it is MOST intriguing to see first-hand just how subjective reality really is! My hardest recreational drug is marijuana or alcohol; those have never altered reality in my mind in the way Ambien has. Now, if only it would put me to sleep!

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page