Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Emile

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Emile « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through July 22, 2002Pikkle25 7-22-02  9:36 pm
Archive through July 25, 2002Chevalier25 7-25-02  7:53 am
Archive through August 03, 2002Thegreenimp25 8-3-02  9:54 pm
Archive through August 10, 2002Dr_Ordinaire25 8-10-02  3:42 am
Archive through August 11, 2002Dr_Ordinaire25 8-11-02  9:46 am
Archive through August 15, 2002Wolfgang25 8-15-02  5:37 am
Archive through August 19, 2002Traineraz25 8-19-02  2:20 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Wolfgang
Posted on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have developed taste buds and some natural aptitude at mixing smell and tastes in my head without any need for testings.

It's been months since my last glass of Bardouin, it was far away in the back of my cabinet (with other pastis, home made grappa sample from Italie, various samples, hausgemachte and oddities). I just had a glass of Emile and had a flash : perfect complementarity with Bardouin in the proposed proportion. Then I tested it and that's it.

What permit this mix is the fact that Emile is very low on anis and unsweetened.

Anyway, try it.
Absinthedrinker
Posted on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 8:04 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for pointing this one out, can't wait to try it. Bardouin is currently my favourite pastis (although a tad too sweet) and of course Un Emile is my favourite absinthe :-)

What made you decide on combining them Wolfgang, was it serendipity - or were there a few bad matches before you got there?
Wolfgang
Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 11:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It adds lots of complexity to Emile. It adds some peppery notes and brings out the gently bitter (typically wormwood) final. It also adds a bit of anis but not too much. I tell you, it's an amazing mix. The bext absinthe/pastis mix I ever did. It really makes Emile taste like one of the best absinthe I had so far.

It's the perfect wedding of two great products.
Traineraz
Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Not having had Henry in my mouth as yet, I must wonder what he brings to the party?
Wolfgang
Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Try this :

3 parts Emile 68
1 part Pastis Henry Bardouin

Serve with your usual water ratio and sugar preference.

AMAZING!

It`s so good I`ll have to buy another bottle of Emile...
Damndj
Posted on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 12:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I learned my lesson a long time ago (oh, about 3 days after moving to Phoenix) never to drink the tap water if at all avoidable.

The night when I did use the tap water, I was just too lazy to run to the store, so I figured what the heck!

I won’t make that mistake again! My servings taste MUCH better with the Arrowhead water. ;-)
Raschied
Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Or you could live here in Rancho Cordova, where all the toxins from Aerojet's rocket-building in the 60's are now finding their way into my groundwater...
Traineraz
Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 11:42 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Don't you wish you lived in Tucson, where the water is palatable . . . except for my new neighborhood, which has icky water with dioxin (which apparently is removed by activated-carbon filters) and arsenic (which isn't, but it's not THAT much).

See what happens when you move to the ghetto?

Hmm, class-action suit?
Wolfgang
Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 8:21 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

And with filtered/spring water, how do you like it ?
Damndj
Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 9:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I made the bad mistake of having my first glass with normal tap water. Anyone who lives in the valley of Arizona knows that we have some pretty terrible tap water here. Needless to say, my first experience was quite a bad one.

I've learned my lesson and I have those huge faucet-type Arrowhead water containers in my refrigerator and keep a 1L squeeze bottle handy for the serving.

Man, I've never tasted anything so bad than when I used the tap water. *shiver*
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 5:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Here it cost about 4-5 Can$ for a big 18L bottle. At that price I really don't see why people still drink the super chemical tap water...
Mogan_David
Posted on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 5:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Trainer,

A carbon filter won't pull the calcium from the water. We have the same problem here in San Antonio. We get our water from an enormous limestone aquifer.
The bits of lime fall from the ice cubes as they melt, it's very nasty.
The only choice is really bottled water for absinthe. I get it in the little sporty squirt bottles, how's that for a ghetto fabulous fountain?

MD

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page