Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through July 23, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » The Monkey Hole » The rain » Archive through July 23, 2002 « Previous Next »

Anatomist
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 6:32 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

example:

original

cropped
Anatomist
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 6:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I think 2 of those last 3 should be cropped to align the verticals and/or the horizon line. It can also be done via some print tilting in the darkroom. They also make perspective-correction wide angle lenses for architectural photography, so you can do it at the time of the picture. If you're going to leave them crooked, there should be some reason or justification, otherwise it looks distracting. It works on that dark one way down there, but with these landscapes, some have a straight horizon, some crooked.

K.
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 6:01 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

it all used to be alive
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 5:53 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

sometimes, it's not
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 5:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

sometimes, it's a little decieving
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 5:22 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Those picture are amazing.

Someone posted a web site here some time ago with a collection of industrial photography, what was the address again ? Most pictures where of abandoned places. Yours is from the real hard sad world with real people. That's really strong. With the proper connections with gallery owners, you could make a living out of pictures like that.

I want more.

This thread belongs to the art section.

On a side note, I can imagine how good your absinthe must be when you get out of this place !
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 3:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm back... just barely. More to cum...
Marc
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 3:13 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

nola,

you shallow prick,
fuck the spectacles, dig the spectacle.
Marc
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 1:56 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

the two portraits (Lavaughn and "the thinker in hardhat") possess a certain resigned nobility.
Within the cold steel beats the Buddha heart.
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 10:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ah yes, another day in paraquat... That lovely creation you see so pixelated at the bottom most of this thread? Well, it reared it's ugly head just now, whirring along at thirty-three hundred feet a minute and decided to attempt a stop on a dime... most things in the physical world don't appreciate that type of abrupt end to their velocity and a cold reduction mill is definitely no exception. There for, I shall be for the next several hour picking tiny shards of thin steel from just about every crevass of every ass for a fifty yard radius (yeah, those guards really are just for show!) I keep lots of tissue hand for just such an occasion...
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Much ass grassy ass seen your...

I guess we are our own worst critic, that much is so true... when I think I've had enough of myself, everyone else can share in the malaise as well... until then, I'm just a poker...
Marc
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 9:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

they're fucking gorgeous. evocative, otherwordly, epic, intimate. you've got a great eye.

my wife, Jennifer, just leaned over my shouler, looked at the pictures and said
"this guy has a great talent."

I would include some of your prose. Your writing has got a combination of
a hard edge, world weariness, dark humor and pride that would play off the photos to powerful effect.

go for it motherfucker.
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 9:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I've thought of it, yes... just with images mostly though... I think though that I'd let the pictures do all the talking... I've got a lot more to go, until I get caught for industrial espionage that is!
Marc
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 8:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

pikkle,

these photos are beautiful, eerie, nightmarish.
Have you thought about doing a book? With some of your prose.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 6:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The shufflin' specters o' da Rouge.
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 5:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

That's Lavaughn. All he can do is push a broom. Back in his day, he was allegedly quite the player but between years of riding the horse and somewhere down the way, a broken heart, he was reduced to a jittering shell of a human, his head ever bobbing in a violent rhythm of pain and his soul tormented by demons none of us have ever seen. He walks the murky corridors of the mill screaming out to someone or something...
Nolamour
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 5:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Dig the spectacles!
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 5:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

try this again
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 5:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

sometimes they were never alive
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 5:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

sometimes they never live
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

or nothing will live
Chevalier
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 4:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The King Kong of mpeg posts. Only the big screen could capture such a vista. (I'm being sincere, Pikkle.)
Marc
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 4:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

is that a still from ERASERHEAD?
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 4:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

dammit!
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Finally...

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page