Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through July 25, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Emile » Archive through July 25, 2002 « Previous Next »

Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 7:53 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Monty Python's The Meaning of Life, yes?
Greenmeanie
Posted on Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 4:56 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Fishy, fishy, fishy fish!
Where is my fishy?
Where has he gone to?
Artist
Posted on Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 1:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Fish Heads = Barnes and Barnes...

a.
Lmarchegrisiste
Posted on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 10:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Fish in alcoholic beverage

http://www.slider.com/enc/27000/isinglass.htm
Nolamour
Posted on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey...What about the Mayonaise skit? That rivaled the Bass-O-Matic.

I didn't notice any fishies in the Emile.
Jdm
Posted on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 8:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

'there was a fish...in the percolater...'
Mclion
Posted on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Regarding the colour of this incredible sh.. stuff you can believe they put something in like that - my MM is glowing at night - it's great I can save a lot of energy now!

Markus
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 1:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Liquified fish heads in Emile.

Crushed beetles in Serpis.

Where will it all end?

Next we'll find out they've been puttng mashed glow worms in Mari Mayans.
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 8:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Doctor Demento, yes?
Mogan_David
Posted on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 7:19 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Fish heads, fish heads, rolly polly fish heads,
fish heads, fish heads, eat em up yum!
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 7:15 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

The Bass O Matic!
Mogan_David
Posted on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 7:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

This whole emile thing reminds me of that old SNL sketch where they liquify a bass in the blender.

Mmmm Now that's some good bass.

So let's see if I have this right. It's expensive, the wrong color, and it tastes like fish.
Traineraz
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I mean that this is the third bottle I've ordered, and I DID like it previously. This particular bottle doesn't taste right.
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 10:44 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I agree with Hob that it does hit you hard on the head, especially the 65. Too bad it doesn't taste and look like traditional absinthe.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 8:38 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Trainer,

Serpis is just one of those things you either love or hate. Some of us love it, others hate it. But love it or hate it there is no denying the punch it packs. Whatever it is they put in it Serpis one particularly over-indulgent evening drinking session on Serpis had me experiencing mild hallucinations. The red fairy kicks real hard (particularly the following morning).

Hobgoblin
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 8:17 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Serpis is a joke.
Cheri
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 6:47 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Serpis and I just never got along...no matter how hard I tried..it just wasn't meant for us to be.
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 5:24 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Serpis has always in my opinion been undrinkable... it just tasted kind of musty to me, at least when I had it a few years ago...
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 5:06 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

The only way I could still imagine how to sip Serpis would be in a magic slurpis. It adds an *heady* aroma to the overly sweet slurpee...
Traineraz
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 4:00 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I haven't noticed anything fishy . . . but I will say that my 7-weeks-to-deliver bottle of Serpis (which I used to like) is undrinkable. I'm guessing weeks in the heat didn't do it any favors.

Of course, it could be a bad batch.
Mclion
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 11:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

And I thought I was too drunk to smell... FISH. My girlfriend, who's not into alc. at all smelled it first, so I thought that's not possible, but all you Emile drinkers - have a closer look what you bought....
Giovannigray
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Actually, the ocean-y smell was WITH the water, (and really delightful) but now that I'm tapping into my stank-memory, I think I know what you all mean about the out-of-bottle pong. Regardless, I think it's delicious, and the best I've had, including a couple of La Bleue's.
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 10:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Haha... nice spin, ocean breeze... just what I smell too, dead fish washed up on the beach...
Actually, the decomposing aquatic scent diminishes all together with addition of water... that's what I've found anyway... it's very drinkable. No, only the bouquet from the bottle itself has this distinct odor of sea creature... I'm glad I'm not the only one that's noticed... I'm glad I'm not the only one who's still sane...
Giovannigray
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 10:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, one man's eel or fish smell is another man's refreshing seabreeze.. I served a friend of mine his first glass of Emile 68, and he noted an aroma that reminded him of the scent of the wind off the ocean. This was a good thing, as he beseeched me to order two bottles of Emile on his behalf. I had a glass of it myself this afternoon..it's become my favorite.

By the way, I've found Emile 45 a little too light at my usual 3:1 ratio, but with a little less water (about 2:1), the flavor noticeably improves.
Giovannigray
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 9:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Un Em-eel 68..

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page