Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Assinine German absinthe website reco...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Absinthe & Collectibles Archive thru January 2003 » Assinine German absinthe website recommends ... "vacuum inhaling". « Previous Next »

Tinkerbell
Posted on Sunday, July 28, 2002 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you! If you come across any of those recipes, send them my way.
Zman7
Posted on Sunday, July 28, 2002 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The AA flowers are very small (about .25cm)and are somewhat nondescript when it comes to the whole plant. Blooming usually occurs between mid July and August in the northern hemisphere. For the most part AA is used, flowers and topping leaves, in the making of absinthe. I have seen a few recipes for vermouth and other Italian liqueurs that call for AA.
Tinkerbell
Posted on Sunday, July 28, 2002 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yellow flowers? When does it bloom? Can the flowers be used for anything?
Traineraz
Posted on Saturday, July 27, 2002 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Tink -

I did see a "legal dope" smoke-mixes site that did include A. absinthium in one of the mixes, guess it won't kill you . . .

I'd use them as a nice grey foliage plant to either harmonize with some blue/violet/green plants, or to help temper some hotter-colored plants.

Remember, grey goes with anything, and A. absinthium has yellow flowers.
Anatomist
Posted on Friday, July 26, 2002 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Tinkerbell,

Great idea! Before you do, make sure and stop by the funeral home of your choice and make all your 'pre-need' arrangements though, if you haven't already. It's rude to stick all those decisions to your immediate relatives.

K.
Tinkerbell
Posted on Friday, July 26, 2002 - 10:34 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I bought 6 wormwood plants for a friend, but he doesn't need them. What should I do with them? They're so ugly. Think I could smoke them???????
Barsnake
Posted on Friday, July 26, 2002 - 10:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I can just imagine a bunch of drunk ass Germans with all of their face hair singed off sitting around a table filled with broken glass, blood, and little pools of flaming liquid...

The Fatherland indeed!
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, July 26, 2002 - 9:27 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

:-&
Absinthedrinker
Posted on Friday, July 26, 2002 - 9:21 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

not my eager open mouth, no way.
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, July 26, 2002 - 9:17 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, I know ... I suppose they mean that the fresh air rushing into the glass pushes the fumes out, where your eager open mouth is waiting.
Absinthedrinker
Posted on Friday, July 26, 2002 - 9:11 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

but surely the air rushes into the glass not the other way around. Oh well what the hell. Absinthe enema anyone?
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, July 26, 2002 - 8:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry, "asinine" is with one "s".
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, July 26, 2002 - 8:49 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

The German absinthe website "Absintheon" shares its wisdom regarding ... vacuum inhaling. Translated into English, it says:

"Among hardcore absintheurs a particularly effective variant of the consumption was established. Absinthe can not only be drunk, but also inhaled. First, add 2-4 cl absinthe to a large, thick-walled glass (the absinthe should not be cold) and ignite it, during which the glass is best kept diagonal. Put out the flame by pressing the palm of your hand on the glass. Due to the negative pressure, the rim of the glass will have sealed itself to your hand. Then, with the rim still sealed to your palm, knock the glass several times against the table. Now bring the glass to your mouth, loosen your palm from the glass about the width of a slit, and deeply inhale the fast-escaping air.

Caution! If the absinthe burns for too long, the glass becomes very hot and you can easily burn your hand. If the glass is struck too violently on the table, it can break, which may cause you to cut yourself. We must point out that by trying this, you are doing so at your own risk."

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page