Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through July 25, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » The most god awful absinthe you've ever tasted. » Archive through July 25, 2002 « Previous Next »

Wolfgang
Posted on Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 5:24 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Deva70 or 45 are very similar but I wouldn't go as far as putting those one on this list of undrinkable swill. It's just the usual spanish fare...
Nascentvirion
Posted on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Maybe you got a bad bottle... or it may be the damn heat. I really dont care too much for Deva 70, I would assume the Deva 45 is better ?
Traineraz
Posted on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 3:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Don't forget the Nasty Sebor Strong! (No relation to the "real" Sebor, manufactured by Martin Sebor.)

I'm sad to say that my current heat-damaged or bad-batch bottle of Serpis is by far the worst thing I have EVER tasted. I at least managed to DRINK the NSS. I can't even drink this swill.

Really. I liked Serpis before, but this bottle turns my stomach.
Wolfgang
Posted on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Damn, I forgot Hill`s ... But that`s because I was not in a position to spit it out when I had a sip of it... A straight shot mind you !
Bjacques
Posted on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 9:50 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Apologies if this posts twice...

I'd have to cast my vote for Hill's. It's the Room 101 of absinthes:

"give it to HER, not me!!"

What do you call an abortion in Prague?
A cancelled Czech!
Pataphysician
Posted on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 9:15 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, and that's why she's at The Polish Gynecologist, which sounds punchier than The Polish Woman Who Went To A Gynecologist.
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 8:09 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I think it's the "Miss" who's Polish ...
Pataphysician
Posted on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 7:06 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

The Polish gynecologist:

"Miss, have you ever had a check-up there?"
"No, but there was this Yugoslavian guy once..."
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 5:40 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I've never been Czech-mated, thanks to this forum's Buyer's Guide. (What a valuable thing that is!) But my first and thus most anticipated taste of absinthe was my worst: a Spanish brand named PARTUS.

After that sorry meeting, I vowed to never drink absinthe again. But then Sepulchritude appeared, and ...
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Does that mean you haven`t ventured in the czeck virtual store ?
Zman7
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 7:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Time out I goofed. Serpis is third, Huguet is second.
Zman7
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 7:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Someone's macerated swill, and a distant second...Serpis.
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 6:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Until you've drank Czech, you don't really know "BLECH!"
Tabreaux
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Zelena Musa is unquestionably not only the worst 'absinth' on the market, but is by far the most revolting substance I have encountered that was sold as a genuine commercial liquor. Not only is it undrinkable, but I suspect may even be unsafe.

Avoid.
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Manguin. Blech!
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wait, no. There was the bottle of Lasala that had the weird dust flakes in the bottom. That was bad.
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ditto Pataphysician. The only really bad stuff I've tasted (aside from my steeped experiment) was a bootleg bottle which used A. absinthium for coloring.

So my worst commercial experience has probably been Mari Mayans, which honestly isn't bad. It's quite smooth and drinkable. You just have to like star anise. A LOT.
Giovannigray
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 1:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

No, I take that back..Mari Mayans was the worst, licorice with an intrusive alcohol aftertaste. I guess I blocked it out.
Giovannigray
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 1:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Serpis
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'd have to say Stars O' Plenty myself...
Pataphysician
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 1:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I would just like to take this moment to thank this forum for stearing me clear of anything truly awful. A grateful Absinthe Nation salutes you for sacrificing your tastebuds so that others might live.
Petermarc
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

zelena muza
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 10:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

There's a close tie between Staroplzensky and the homebrew someone served out of a big jug at a room party at Convergence8. Starop wins the medal for it's industrial alcohol taste. Then there's this horrible home brew I once got that tasted and smelled like the plumber putty used in his Frankenstein rig. Then what else ? Probably Dr O.'s brew at the NewYork GT followed by Kubbler.

All of those are worthy of my "spit back in the sink" award.

As you can see, home-maid doesn't automatically means good.
Marc
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 10:47 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I've tasted some pretty awful homemade stuff.
Nascentvirion
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 10:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

For those who've been around the block in the world of absinthe. Whats the worst brand you've ever tasted on the way up or down ?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page