Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Quick question

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Absinthe & Collectibles Archive thru January 2003 » Quick question « Previous Next »

Pikkle
Posted on Saturday, July 27, 2002 - 1:50 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

So how did you fit the fish in the bottle?
Absinthedrinker
Posted on Saturday, July 27, 2002 - 12:40 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Just for the record the Un Emile 68 is entirely different to the Un Emile 45. We tried a formulation which was simply the 45 boosted in alcohol to 68 but it didn't work, it was out of balance.
Giovannigray
Posted on Friday, July 26, 2002 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Emile 68 is my favorite of the commercial brands I've tasted (about 16 by now, I think). It's very good. (See Ted's review in the Buyers' Guide: IMHO, very accurately described)

Emile 45 is also tasty, but not as nuanced as the 68. It improves if you use a little less water than you might with a full-strength absinthe. If I were you, I'd try both. If it's a choice, go for the 68.
Crowlyman
Posted on Friday, July 26, 2002 - 6:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh. Do they taste alike? Is one very much better than the other, or is a marginal difference?
Petermarc
Posted on Friday, July 26, 2002 - 3:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

no, it is 45°
Pikkle
Posted on Friday, July 26, 2002 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I don't know
Crowlyman
Posted on Friday, July 26, 2002 - 3:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

is the un emile available at markus' site the same as the one available at absintheonline?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page