Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through July 23, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Absinthe & Collectibles Archive thru January 2003 » Absinthe sales, then and now » Archive through July 23, 2002 « Previous Next »

Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ok, he can send 3 bottles of F.Guy to Canada by regular mail for 197 Euro.

his email : vins.narbey@narbey.com

I don`t know if he understand english and he didn`t told me how to pay... We will see later...
Wolfgang
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 12:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

There`s not a lot of info on that page. not even worth translating. If I get an email I`ll let you know.

His price per bottle is expensive compared to Markus by the way...
2loucheltrec
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 12:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

now where did i put my universal translater?
Traineraz
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well tell us all about it, Unkie Wolf!
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 6:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, cuz I can't talk that funny talk no how...
Wolfgang
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 6:33 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Did someone ordered from this guy ? Does he ship worldwide ?

I sent them a comment with some questions. We will see...

http://www.narbey.com/pontarlier/index.html
Cheri
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 6:19 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

The Oxy is about the same price at SC and through Markus. And since SC doesn't carry Kuber and F. Guy, and Markus has more economical shipping, I'd say go with Markus for all three.
Nolamour
Posted on Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"When the party's over...turn out the lights. Turn out the lights"

Well, as I shake the cobwebs from my head and open my eyes to the blurry charade, I realize it was a good weekend. 11 dose glasses used, 3 Pernod carafes, bottles of Un Emile, La Bleue, and even Herbsaint clutter the floors like dead soldiers.

OK, now I need to decide where to buy from next. The Un Emile came FAST as hell, but I want to get some F. Guy, Oxy, and Kubler. I know SC carrys Oxy and Markus carries F. Guy, Kubler, etc...

Any suggestions as to where to buy with quick service and no hastles? Or is this too much to ask? SC vs. Markus - Debate?
Traineraz
Posted on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

No wonder they always serve wheat grass with the General Meow's Kitten!
Pikkle
Posted on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 2:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I thought that was cat nip...
Baz
Posted on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 9:49 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey, I didn't know that wheat grass helps to stimulate pussy digestion!!!
Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 7:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Better to just buy the cat.
Traineraz
Posted on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 1:17 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

It's pricey, considering the individual retail for the components should only come to about half the price before shipping . . . but a nice gimmick.
Nolamour
Posted on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

What the...

Is this old or new news? I must have missed this one...but, what the hell is it?
A bottle, shot glasses, and the ingredients for planting???

http://www.glut.co.uk/ornampage/ornamental.html
All the way to the right.
Giovannigray
Posted on Tuesday, July 2, 2002 - 5:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Etienne, I remember your and LL's discussion, and that, I believe was the last word on the subject.

My own EXTREMELY unscientific analysis suggests that if there are about 400 people registered in the Forum, and 2/3 or so (another wild guess) are in the US, and that number represents the most interested 5 to 10% of absinthe drinkers here, then maybe we're dealing with 3,000 to 5,000 folks who buy absinthe in the U.S.. But, this is just geekful guesswork on my part.

Whatever the size of the market, I feel very fortunate that I get to partake.
Traineraz
Posted on Tuesday, July 2, 2002 - 4:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

There are only the 15-20 people who regularly post here, that's why the government doesn't care.

Repeat: There are ONLY 15-20 people. THAT'S WHY the government doesn't care. [hint, hint]
Etienne
Posted on Tuesday, July 2, 2002 - 4:34 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Giovanni;

Louched Liver and I had a short discussion about that very thing once, he mailed Spirits Corner and asked about their American market. They wouldn't give up any information.
Mclion
Posted on Tuesday, July 2, 2002 - 3:04 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

:-))) me toooooo
Artemis
Posted on Tuesday, July 2, 2002 - 3:03 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"if one had a Guy one never takes anything else"

I prefer gals, myself.
Giovannigray
Posted on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 11:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I've been very curious about the size of the overall absinthe market here in the U.S. I understand why some sellers consider that proprietary information, though.

Anybody have any idea?
Mclion
Posted on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 10:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

F. Guy is not that good selling in Germany. I guess the Euro makes the folks concentrate on the "more affordable" brands. It's a pitty - they miss a lot and on the other hand, if one had a Guy one never takes anything else.

The number of sold bottles is really funny: There was an articel on Absinthe in the newspapers the other day, and they mentioned that they (F.Guy) sold 20,000 bottles. I guess nothing of this is true. I guess the above mentioned 3,000 bottles are far more realistic - if they sold more, fine for them!

Markus
Petermarc
Posted on Friday, June 28, 2002 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

not a chance,(yet) except, maybe, in germany...
Emileguysmiley
Posted on Friday, June 28, 2002 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

That's even more amazing. Is it possible that absinthe is even more popular now than it was 100 years ago? This makes it seem like it.
Petermarc
Posted on Friday, June 28, 2002 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

30,000 from december 2001 to may 2002...of course, this being from a french magazine article, it is altogether possible that it was a fact error, and more like 3,000...but that was the number i saw...
Emileguysmiley
Posted on Friday, June 28, 2002 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

In another thread this was posted.

"business must be good…30,000 bottles of françois guy absinthe 45° had been sold since its release…where is it all going?"

This is an amazing number! 30,000 bottles is more than major american distileries sell of most of their non-core products and Francios Guy is only a small distiller of absinthe. Spanish distillers would have to be selling two or three times that many bottles. The highest number of absinthe litre bottles I've seen estimated at the turn of the century is the number 36,000,000 in conrad's book. If Francois Guy is selling 30,000 litres a year, we've got to be approaching that scale today. It'd have to be a few million bottles at least. And absinthe only accounts for a little bit of the anise alcohol market. The numbers for pastis are in the high hundreds of millions. I don't think absinthe would've done nearly this well one humdred years ago if it had pastis and anise to compete with. I'm impressed.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page