Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

German absinthe party, July 2002 ... ...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » German absinthe party, July 2002 ... photos « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through August 04, 2002Admin25 8-4-02  7:58 am
Archive through August 07, 2002_Blackjack25 8-7-02  3:25 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, August 8, 2002 - 12:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

:-)
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Thursday, August 8, 2002 - 11:32 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"And if you're Korean"... you pretend you're Japanese when you apply for a job at the animal rescue centre.
Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, August 8, 2002 - 9:45 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

And if you're Korean ...?
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Thursday, August 8, 2002 - 9:43 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Clinging to cultural identities is motivated by ..."" really good food."

In that case I'm going to adopt an Indian cultural identity.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Thursday, August 8, 2002 - 4:11 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Try to greet your average Japanese company-man with a big hug and a kiss on the cheek if you don't believe me."

Try and greet me with a big hug and a kiss on the cheek and you'll get a punch in the face.

Point taken Blackjack although I do think far too much is made of cultural differences. If you give people space, respect their beliefs and expect them to respect the beliefs of others then that should suffice.

When we give cultural differences to great an importance we end up segregating people. We also get ludicrous situations such as some authorites saying that white parents cannot adopt black (or indeed even mixed race) children (so the kids end up growing up in the care of social services).
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Wednesday, August 7, 2002 - 5:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Clinging to cultural identities is motivated by fear and prejudice."

Or really good food.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page