Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through August 04, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » German absinthe party, July 2002 ... photos » Archive through August 04, 2002 « Previous Next »

Admin
Posted on Sunday, August 4, 2002 - 7:58 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

yeah, well you try calling 'em "red indians" then.

heheh.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Sunday, August 4, 2002 - 3:36 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Kallisti,

There's no such thing as 'native', someone was always there before, or if someone was the first they moved from somewhere else to get there anyway. Evidence now suggests that Man originated in what is now the central African country of Chad (not East Africa) anyway so that makes us all of Chadian blood. So the only person that can claim to be a 'native' of any land is someone who lives in Chad and his ancestors have always lived there without ever (in 7 million years) having interbred with anyone other than a pure 'Chadian' who has never in turn bred with anyone other than a pure 'Chadian' etc. etc.

Perhaps the entire population of the globe should go back to Chad to find its roots (Chad could sure as hell do with the tourist revenue).

Hobgoblin
(An Irish-Chadian)
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Sunday, August 4, 2002 - 3:17 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Trainer,

Practically the entire population of the globe is descended from immigrants, the United States is no exception. That is how nations are formed. One group of people moves in and either slaughters, or robs, or settles down peacefully with, or interbreeds with those already there, or does a number of these things.

Is a 100% 'pure' Irishman Irish or is he part Viking (in turn Dane or Geat, Swede, Norwegian, Finnish etc), Norman (Viking, Frank etc), Anglo-Saxon (Angle, Saxon, Jute, Frank, Beaker-people, Celt, Roman etc), Scot, Celt, pre-Celt?

The bulk of Ireland's population centres, Dublin, Cork, Wicklow, Wexford, Limerick etc. were founded and populated by Norwegians. But your don't get many Irish people going off to Scandanavia to 'find their roots'. You don't get many Irishmen claiming 'Irish-Norwegian' as their identity although a lot of them certainly are.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the American obsession with claiming an identity outside of it's borders and the peculiar obsession with claiming an 'Irish' identity if at all remotely possible. Americans flooding into Killarney and other favoured spots in an attempt to 'find their roots' brings in plenty of cash which naturally we take with a smile and make you feel good about giving it to us.

Hobgoblin
(A Norwegian-Danish-Frankish-German-Austrian-Russian and God-knows-whatever-elseman, ah fuck it, it's a lot easier just to call myself an Irishman)
Traineraz
Posted on Saturday, August 3, 2002 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Gob -

. . . because most Americans are descended from immigrants.

I actually have American blood (I'm part Blackfoot), but I'm also English, Irish, Scottish, Dutch, French, and German, as well as some sort of unidentified eastern European Jew. (Grandma was adopted.)

So, I identify as American, and if someone asks, then I give them the list.
Admin
Posted on Saturday, August 3, 2002 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

do you mean native?

or "I'm just damned proud to be an American"???
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Saturday, August 3, 2002 - 2:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Why do Americans rarely claim to have American blood?

I can think of only 1 person on this forum who would proudly claim this.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Saturday, August 3, 2002 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Pure fucking Irish, that's me (naturally ignoring the Norman, Viking, Angle, Saxon, Celtic/German and pre-Celtic mix that makes up 'Irish') so therefore this obviously makes me the best person on this forum.

I have a friend who has Irish, English, German and Polish-Jewish blood in equal percentages flowing through his veins. He must have some great fucking rows with himself. I just tell him that obviously he is Irish because even if he had only 5% Irish blood in his veins this would definitely make him Irish over anything else, based on the quality over quantity principle (the reason why half of the USA seem to claim to be Irish). As for myself, I feel honoured to have 100% Irish blood, the blood of God's chosen race.

TIOCFAIDH AR LA!
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Saturday, August 3, 2002 - 8:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"What's worn under the kilt?"

1. Are you sure you want to know?

2. Nothing's 'worn' under there, it's all in good working order

3. Give me your hand and I'll show you
Nolamour
Posted on Friday, August 2, 2002 - 11:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey 2ly,

Same here....Best of both worlds.

3 part Scots and 1 part Irish. Ever had a fried Haggis meat pie? And yes, It's true about what we wear (or don't wear) under the kilt.
Pikkle
Posted on Friday, August 2, 2002 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

My god... Vietnamese taste even better several hours later with a nice glass of Un Em Eel... who'd have thunk?
2loucheltrec
Posted on Friday, August 2, 2002 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

scotch-irish , meself, now just sit down and eat your damn haggis and wash it down with some guinness... for breakfast that is! and it is not a dress it's a kilt dammit!
Admin
Posted on Friday, August 2, 2002 - 7:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

german scots?

can I still join???
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Friday, August 2, 2002 - 6:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

That's just a bullshit story the media
perpetuates in order to keep us ignorant
and well stocked with Bailey's, Guiness,
Jamesons, Irish Springs and Lucky Charms.
_Blackjack
Posted on Friday, August 2, 2002 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

and they're my people, dem krauts.

GASP! I'd justa assumed you were Irish...because all the good people are Irish.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Friday, August 2, 2002 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thieves, but good people non-the-less.
Nolamour
Posted on Friday, August 2, 2002 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Damn...saw that bar full of shooters? And the rack of Absinthe bottles? Hell, I sure am glad it's Friday.

Pink and Pale...Pics look like a club I once went to in the Village, Downtown Dallas. Sparklers and guys all pinching each other on the ars. Some guy gave me a rose...he didn't seem to care that I was with a lady. I grew up with "dem krauts" though...they are good people.
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, August 2, 2002 - 2:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Half of us hates our other half's effeminate snootiness; the other half hates our food and thinks we sound like dogs barking.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Friday, August 2, 2002 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

HOLY FUCK
we're almost BROTHERS Chevy!!!

A snooty AND masterful race are we!!!!

Oh yeah, Thieving too!
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, August 2, 2002 - 1:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Try having German and French blood. It's like having your own pyschological Maginot line. Alsace and Lorraine in one person.
Admin
Posted on Friday, August 2, 2002 - 1:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

ha! I've described myself as a pale pink nordic type ...

but I think I stole that from Billy Connolly
Admin
Posted on Friday, August 2, 2002 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

they're all a bunch of thieving bastards. and they're my people, dem krauts.

just look at 'em. so homey ... we'd fit right in.
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, August 2, 2002 - 1:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It's true. No difference at all. They're pink and pale ... we're pink and pale. Or are we?
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Friday, August 2, 2002 - 1:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I see no difference between them and us

except the thieving bit.
Petermarc
Posted on Friday, August 2, 2002 - 1:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

young germans, absinth, and sparklers! paaaartay!
-no offense andy-
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, August 2, 2002 - 1:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Should this be in the Monkey Hole? You decide.

http://www.alandia.de/party/party.htm

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page