Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

La Bleu dream.

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Absinthe & Collectibles Archive thru January 2003 » La Bleu dream. « Previous Next »

Wolfgang
Posted on Sunday, August 4, 2002 - 8:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Imagine this. A young sexy Swiss lady dressed in shiny pvc come over your party with a full bottle of La Bleu she got in her country ''from a friend of a friend'' and just give it to you ! Free ! A gift ! HouHa! I didn`t even knew her ! Just exchanged some emails before she came here.

This is your typical La Bleu bottle. Non descript used clear 1L bottle with this computer printed prohibition poster label.

Unfortunately, the lady doesn`t really like anis and doesn`t really know anything about absinthe. She just bought a bottle before she left because she knew there`s a friendly guy in Quebec, well known in some circle, who would be very happy with such a gift.

Said friendly guy did expect a glass and got the whole bottle to bring back home !

So here's the review of the La Bleu who comes from the lady who know a guy who know a guy...

Clear. Smell not too alcoholic. Very simple. wormwood and green anis. Unfortunately a hint of overburned anis. Too much anis and a distillation pushed too far, the typical mistake of those who just want to make money... Still drinkable and refreshing. Louche pretty well because of the strong anis. Then again the smell is very very simple. No big surprise. The most basic La Bleue you can get but hey ! I got it for free so how could I complain ? The cost in Switzerland ? She didn`t tell even if I probed a bit but it was a gift so I didn`t bother her with too much questions.

I measured the alc. % and it is only 48%. Effect ? After 3 oz, yes, definitely.

Do I like it ? Not really. Do I appreciate the gift ? Of course !

I invited her to some BBQ at a friend`s place on the next day where we had fine Moonman`s elixirs made from grappe alcohol and some F. Guy. One of my friend managed to get it from someone who hand carried the bottle.

This was the second time I tasted F.Guy. I like it with lots of water and ice cubes. It is very fresh. Unfortunately I really think there`s some sugar added (but not too much) so it`s better not to add sugar. Too bad for the ritual.

Ho and I did bring this horrible Starop just to show to some people why I bitch about the Cz absinthes. No need for words, just a sip is enough to understand.

Tonight I learned she have a second bottle of this La Bleu! She did come with lot`s of ammo ! Wise girl... Now I think I shall find her some nice mapple syrop alcohol, Canadian ice wine or something like that...

I also meet someone who work in chemistry at Mc Gill university and who knew about gaz chromato. Some testings shall be done soon... That was a hell of a productive weekend !

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page