Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Absinthe in Japan?

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Absinthe in Japan? « Previous Next »

Skee (Skee)
Paysan
Username: Skee

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, April 1, 2003 - 7:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

After ordering Un Emil 68, and Kubler from on line and having it delivered to my parents house in Ohio. Then returning to Japan with the Kubler in my luggage (the Emil what's left of it is still with my father, at what point did I miss the hangover warning in the forum). I started taking the bottle to all the local Liquor stores and showing it to the owners. Mind you I don't speak Japanese, and after one Absinthe quest gone bad my wife refuses to be my interpreter.
I finaly struck pay dirt there on the shelf was Pernod 68. pernod 68\4660 yen. at 120 to the dollar a bargin. compared to the 100.00 to have it shipped to my house in the vill.
Skee is a happy Bastard.
Pataphysician
Posted on Monday, August 12, 2002 - 1:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Also, try Hermes, a Japanese made Pastis (Absinthe "substitute" -- without the wormwood). I've never had it, but the review likens it to La Muse Verte, which is very good. It ain't Absinthe, but I for one appreciate a good Pastis as much as a good Absinthe. Actually a good Pastis is more welcome than a mediocre Absinthe.
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, August 12, 2002 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I once served a glass of La Bleue to a very good ex-jarhead friend of mine to which he stated after having consumed it, "fuckin cool!"
So yes, be careful my friend...
Zman7
Posted on Monday, August 12, 2002 - 9:54 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sempi Fi Mac!
Welcome to the fray. As you begin your absinthe adventure I would look to "www.absintheonline.com" for some Emile 68, "www.lafeeverte.de" and "www.spiritscorner.com" for other sundry absinthes. All have an excellent reputation for delivering absinthe. As to whether or not they ship to Okinawa, you would have to email them and ask. If your mail arrives on base, you may consider having it shipped to an off-base location, since as you know, most shipments to a military reservation are subject search.
Z
Skee
Posted on Monday, August 12, 2002 - 7:00 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello all,
I have been intrigued by Absinthe for about 18 years. It has only been within the last year that I found out it was still manufactured.
Needles to say this web site has cleared up more miss-information in 6 months then any other source of information I have been able to read, view, or was told in the past. (Thank You Kallisti)
Everything from "it had Opium in it", to "if you drink it you will pop on an urinalysis". Were the reasons that kept me from continuing my quest.
No Mas. Oh yes she will be mine.
Now how do I obtain a bottle in Japan?
It looks like it will cost about $100.00 to have it shipped to my local address, But Which one?
Any suggestions.
Thanks Skee

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page