Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through August 13, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » A Belated Thanks » Archive through August 13, 2002 « Previous Next »

_Blackjack
Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 6:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

A "barbarian" is a speaker of "barbar", which means "nonsense". So we all qualify.
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 4:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I don't know if you've noticed but, we're not the one's who need a tunnel, or geography for that matter... in fact, if it wasn't for us, the rest of the world would still be kissing the queen mother's dead tit right about now so with the exception of your right British arses, we saved the world... get over it, you lost, twice.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well at least we knew where to build the tunnel to. God knows where it would end up if the engineers who built it hailed from the land of the geographically challenged.
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Paris is the white flag capitol of the universe! And only the British would build a tunnel linking themselves with a bunch of total losers like that...
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

But knowing it's the bastion of surrender.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Being American means thinking Paris is the capital of Hungary.
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Being British means never having to say you're sorry... mostly because you don't know any better.
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Probably on Old Way thinking it's the best Spanish swill since Montana... good show old boy.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 4:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Barbarian and fucking proud of it that's me, wouldn't have it any other way. You can keep your airs and graces and your polite dinner party conversations, I'll fart, burp, swear, drink until I puke up my stomach lining and then fall flat on the floor plastered.
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, but some of us actually developed beyond the barbarian mentality...
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

We are descended from Barbarians be them Celts, Picts, Angles, Saxons, Jutes, Vikings, Franks and most probably so are you. Barbarian is as Barbarian does.
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Fucking Brits, got the taste of barbarians...
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'll second that, Old Way is good, definitely the best Spanish absinthe.
Petermarc
Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 2:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

old way was surprising...like a green (albeit shock-green) la bleue...the best spanish absinthe i have tasted (aside from segarra-totally different)...
Greenmeanie
Posted on Saturday, August 10, 2002 - 5:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Cros- And every body comes and comes again!

Thanks for the notes!
Crosby
Posted on Saturday, August 10, 2002 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Green Mean,

To quote AC/DC "He's got the biggest balls of them all".
The Old Way surprised me a bit. I bought two bottles when it came out and wasn't that impressed. The little sample I put aside really improved with a little age. The color is still frightening though.
The blanche was certainly drinkable, though not as interesting as the evenings other offerings. If my memory is correct, Peter explained that it is assembled by people with a background in perfume production. I think it's worth trying again so I just ordered some from SC

Harry
Crosby
Posted on Saturday, August 10, 2002 - 11:04 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Stephen, email me and let me know when you'll be home this weekend, I'll give you a call.
Etienne
Posted on Friday, August 9, 2002 - 7:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Welcome back, my friend. Hope we get to hear more about your trip.
Nolamour
Posted on Friday, August 9, 2002 - 9:56 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

SO, are there little round buns for these balls as well? Or are they just poppers?

This thread reminds me of the SNL skit With Baldwin on the "Delicious Dish" radio show.
Pataphysician
Posted on Friday, August 9, 2002 - 7:24 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Years ago John Waters was on Letterman and showed off a new candy he'd just found: "Dingleberries".
Absinthedrinker
Posted on Friday, August 9, 2002 - 4:38 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

and 'knackers' is an old colloquialism for balls in English, tres drole
Greenmeanie
Posted on Friday, August 9, 2002 - 4:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Crosby!

How was the blanche and the old way?! Details, my friend, details!!

BTW, did Petermarc have big balls?
Petermarc
Posted on Friday, August 9, 2002 - 3:50 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

knacki
Petermarc
Posted on Friday, August 9, 2002 - 3:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

we aim to please...it was a pleasure to meet you...
(now that i am forced to explain my balls, the french have created ball-shaped popper-sized weiners, called 'knacki-balls'...their tv add ends with the the line that translates to 'it's good to have balls' literally)i only break these out on very special occations...
Crosby
Posted on Thursday, August 8, 2002 - 9:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Having just returned from spending the better part of five weeks on a farm in the former East Germany, this is my first chance to thank Petermarc and Ekmass for their hospitality while I was in Paris.
I got into Paris at about 5PM and Peter met me at my hotel at 6:30 for a tasting at Eric's flat. The tasting was, at least for me, quite educational. The only two commercial brands were Versinthe's blanche and a little of SC's "Old Way". Also, a thanks to Etienne who had sent a sample of vintage Chartreuse that was very delightful. Since I hadn't eaten, I really appreciated the delicious snacks they had, including Peter's balls(maybe he'll explain).
Two days later I met Peter to go to the flea market for absinthe antiques. This was rather unproductive, but he managed to provide me with the glass I was looking for. Unfortunately, Eric was unable to join us. After a great lunch in a fantastic, small restaurant I was in for a treat that would have been worth the fight in and of itself.
Being able to try some vintage absinthe along with prototypes that hopefully will be available soon was a truly special experience.
Thanks again for a great time. If you guys are ever in San Francisco, drop me a line.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page