Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Happy Birthday Pee Wee

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » The Monkey Hole » Happy Birthday Pee Wee « Previous Next »

Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Saturday, September 14, 2002 - 10:56 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

This has nothing to do with Pee Wee, but I couldn't find another thread to post something funny.

Just saw the Argentine film "Son of the bride" (Oscar nominee for best foreign film).

In one scene, the "son" of the title is trying to convince a priest to marry his dad (an old man) and his mom (old AND with Alzheimer's).

The priest explains the Church's objections until the son, running out of arguments, tells him:

"Father, God will understand. He's an old man too"

"My son", responds the priest, "God is neither old nor young, neither black nor white, neither man nor woman,..."

"I know, I KNOW", interrupts the son, "that's Michael Jackson..."
Traineraz
Posted on Wednesday, September 4, 2002 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I thought I said Blow. Oops.
Marccampbell
Posted on Monday, September 2, 2002 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Blow.
Traineraz
Posted on Monday, September 2, 2002 - 8:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I liked him in Buffy . . . and I hear he did well in Snow.
Bjacques
Posted on Monday, September 2, 2002 - 2:32 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

He was pretty good in "Mystery Men."
Traineraz
Posted on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 5:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I hear there's a new pee-wee movie coming soon, with him playing the old "adult" pee wee not the kiddie pee wee . . .
Barsnake
Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 8:37 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I just saw the C&C movie where Paul Rueben's character stole thier bag of money...His Aunt/Gmother?? makes him take it back to them and apologize. They're in straight jackets in a rubber room and there's PeeWee saying "I'm sorry I took the money...I'm sorry I took the money..."
Then he pokes his head back in and says "I'm not sorry!"
Great bit - I've used that line so many times when it is appropiate to apologize but you don't really want to...
"I'm not sorry!"
Nolamour
Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Does anyone remember Paul (Pee-Wee) on the Cheech and Chong movies as the irate hotel clerk? Classic...

I think he was trying to keep the Adult-child image you were talking about, Black.
_Blackjack
Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 3:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The thing is, Peewee was never SUPPOSED to be a character for kids. Part of the schtick was that it was a child-like character doing rather raunchy stuff. Somewhere along the way he got pidgeon-holed as a "kid's star" and so when he displaye his more...adult tendencies...in public...it was this huge scandal.

Of course, they briefly gave Richard Pryor his own kid's show in the 80's...

"F is for Freebase...and Fire Extinguisher..."
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 6:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Or grow spotty.
Pataphysician
Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 6:49 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

That was the greatest kids' show ever. So it had to die.
_Blackjack
Posted on Tuesday, August 27, 2002 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Public masturbation is obviously good for the skin...
Admin
Posted on Tuesday, August 27, 2002 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Paul Reubens turns 50 today. Yes, indeedy. FIFTY. Dang ...

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page