Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through September 02, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » The Monkey Hole » Pikkle banished? » Archive through September 02, 2002 « Previous Next »

Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Monday, September 2, 2002 - 1:23 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Marc,

If I'm ever in your neck of the woods I will take you up on that offer.
Marccampbell
Posted on Monday, September 2, 2002 - 12:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

my neighborhood's history:

http://americanhistory.si.edu/lisalaw/6.htm
Marccampbell
Posted on Monday, September 2, 2002 - 12:11 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

hob,

yes I am an ageing hippie. I live in Taos, New Mexico, the birthing ground for New Buffalo Commune, The Reality Construction Co. and The Lama Foundation. I have a 25ft. diameter tipi and a sweat lodge in my backyard and a bowl of peyote buttons on the altar. I walk it like I talk it. If you're ever near the Sangre de Christo mountains, give me a call. My door is always open.
Marccampbell
Posted on Sunday, September 1, 2002 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Don's big problem (sounds like a movie title) was his temper. He'd go blind with anger and say shit that he shouldn't have. He crossed the line when he posted some confidential info regarding another forum member. The question is: did Don know he was crossing a line? I can't recall the situation well enough to judge. Apparently it was enough for kallisti to give him the boot. How long does banishment from the forum last? Forever?
Has Don served his time? Does he give a shit?
Where's the Jade?
Crowlyman
Posted on Sunday, September 1, 2002 - 10:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I think I'll try that. ;>
Nascentvirion
Posted on Sunday, September 1, 2002 - 9:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Inspired insanity ?? Hmmm would that be going to the local Wendys and taking a huge crap in the salad bar. While screaming "The voices told me to do it !!!
Bob_Chong
Posted on Sunday, September 1, 2002 - 8:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Don was great. I miss him.

I don't know exactly what the hell happened, but he was the most dependable souce for information about all kinds of stuff, especially absinthe. He could tell you how to make alcohol from cardboard and warn you to not blow yourself up, all in the same post.
Marccampbell
Posted on Sunday, September 1, 2002 - 5:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

crowley,

only kallisti can invite someone back. it is her forum.
Marccampbell
Posted on Sunday, September 1, 2002 - 5:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

ordinaire,

your so fucking paranoid. I have much better things to do in life than try to destroy your credibility. You do that well enough on your own.

pikkle veered from being an irritating idiot to
contributing some great images and perceptions to this forum. Unfortunately, he had all the social graces of a turd in a punch bowl.

I wish Don would be allowed to return. We all make mistakes and his postive contributions outweighed some of his less than ethical behavior.

Vera was a vicious, needy, jealous, mean-spirited bitch. I miss her.

artemis, the ol bastard, was as prickly as a freshly waxed beaver. Come back, you sour fuck.

I miss the inspired insanity of the old days. Lately, the forum has been home to a bunch of pedestrian political bullshit artists and geeks who think this place is an absinthe swap meet.

If the forum is to regain some of its former glory, I suggest that people return to posting
while drunk or on drugs.

And let's get some women in here. The forum needs balance and sexual tension. Nothing like the smell of pussy to kickstart my engines.
Crowlyman
Posted on Sunday, September 1, 2002 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Maybe we should ask him back.
Or would he even come back if asked?
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Sunday, September 1, 2002 - 4:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Since so many people are asking the why of the the Forum's demise, I will risk an opinion.

Actually a reality check. How was the Forum that we miss so much?. Let's go back a year and a half ago.

Jade's immediate release was all the rage. Anything said against them was instant anathema and excommunication.

But still, some brave souls (moi included) started asking umcomfortable questions about thujone, alcohol sources, etc. OH MY GODS!!!

Controversy? You want controversy,, Marc? Here we had controversy in spades, including threats of phisical violence and death. In jest, of course, but I'm sure that Don still has that James Bondian Beretta hidden somewhere...

So what? That thread still has the record for most posts, 500+. This place was ALIVE!

What happened next? Pikkle came. It was like watching Le Marquis de Head after the guillotine. Artemis was the first to dissapear, next Ted. Vera went AWOL shortly after. Marc and Pikkle conspired to destroy my credibility. Ciao, Forum mio.

I take my part of responsibility. Don and Ted were making absinthe and I should have shut up and waited.

So where do we go now? The fact is that more people were posting when Don was the fire-breathing Dragon than now. Do we bring all the parties back and re-start the engine? Is an element of struggle, and not a very chivalrous one, necessary to keep a Forum vibrant?

Should we relax the rules so a post like the last of Marc to Hob would not mean a suspension in the Forum for personal attacks?

I say YES. Personal attacks don't make great literature, but, as Jerry Springer has proved, they tittillate the audience.

Let's be sophisticated enough to drink (and...manifest) absinthe and strong enough to take some hits.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, September 1, 2002 - 4:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Lack o' spunk is the problem.
Marccampbell
Posted on Sunday, September 1, 2002 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

perruche verte,

people who have nothing to say are boring.
you are boring.
anarchy, my ass.
Joalco
Posted on Sunday, September 1, 2002 - 10:54 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Striking, biting commentary....

You're our very own Art Linkletter. Or maybe Andy Rooney.

Color me Bill Hicks, he of the forked tongue and uncommon wisdom.

If you're gonna bitch, at least do it creatively, rather than just spraying dusty musty ghost farts.
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Sunday, September 1, 2002 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ever notice how bored people are really BORING?
Joalco
Posted on Sunday, September 1, 2002 - 9:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I don't know that there's any quantifiably distinguishable measure of posting-worthiness. Is it interesting? Funny? Upsetting? Scandalous? Cringe-inducing? Gods forbid, absinthe related? Then post it!

I stand by my previous assertion, however. This isn't so much an argument about "new" or "old" as much as it is about "dull." There's ebb and flow in any community, online or otherwise. The last few months have just seemed to be the lowest water mark I've ever witnessed here, and I've been around these yere parts for a coon's age.

I continue to visit because of the good memories & experiences I've had with the information and friendships bestowed upon me through this forum, and an ever-present hope that things will pick up a bit.

Hey, there's a better chance of us seeing that than seeing a Jade release.... ;-)
Nascentvirion
Posted on Sunday, September 1, 2002 - 6:45 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm just wondering what you have to do to be "worthy" of posting ? If self masturbation is what makes you worthy then I suppose I'll just keep quiet.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Sunday, September 1, 2002 - 3:11 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I believe the ageing hippy is getting a little bit upset. Still I suppose that in itself is a step forward from his relentless moaning and complaining.
Marccampbell
Posted on Sunday, September 1, 2002 - 1:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

hobgoblin,

listen you miserable fucking wretch, I have contributed 1000s of words in my "head Prophecies"
and "Sexual Confessions Of An Absinthe Fiend"
to this website. In addition, I've reviewed films, music, books, absinthe.

You, on the other hand, drone on with your little political rants. You're a pathetic mouthbreathing nerd who
desperately needs to get fucked. What a dull piece of shit you are. Toss off and die dipshit.
You're a joke. You've helped suck the magic out of this place, with your fast food Buddhism and witless political cliches. You reduce passion to a cold equation, crazy wisdom to an algebraic construct. Have you ever really been high? You are the very definition of Reich's "little man".
That mummified stump between your legs is your cock. Get to work on it. If the stars are in your favor, you may still be able to revive that dead flap of flesh.

"whinge". Hey twit, what the fuck is whinge?
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Sunday, September 1, 2002 - 1:29 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"...you're right about the lack of energy in the forum. I brought this up a few weeks ago."

And don't we all fucking know it Marc. All you ever seem to do is whinge on about how bad things are here.

Perhaps Kallisti should create a "Moan and whinge" category for you to post in?
Thegreenimp
Posted on Saturday, August 31, 2002 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Just hit the Brtish flag on Lehman's site and you can read it in English.........Has anyone tried the brand?
Jay
Bob_Chong
Posted on Saturday, August 31, 2002 - 10:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Some babelfish from www.lehmann.es:

"They tell that absenta gave the anger necessary to Hemingway to goad and helped to Go Gogh in its decision to cut the ear."
Bob_Chong
Posted on Saturday, August 31, 2002 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

There's not even discussion of the SC email about "the only Spanish absinthe without anis," whatever that's supposed to mean. What's in it?
Nascentvirion
Posted on Saturday, August 31, 2002 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Maybe no one has anything worth while to say at the moment? It's been a rather boring summer in my neck of the woods.
Anatomist
Posted on Saturday, August 31, 2002 - 9:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have no idea what's going on here any more. I haven't even bothered to read a post for many weeks. I just clicked the bookmark on a whim. This place has been beyond dead for a while. I actually had some idea that it was due to pikkle - he degenerated every thread to pablum with his relentless, uninteresting posts, and made the whole place inhospitable to any kind of engaging discussion. Now that he's gone, maybe the place can regenerate. Regrettably, I currently don't much care, one way or the other. Good luck to those who persist.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page