Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through September 02, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Boston: Wine, Cheese, Live Music + » Archive through September 02, 2002 « Previous Next »

Marccampbell
Posted on Monday, September 2, 2002 - 10:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

lmarch,

I'm sorry, but there's something really slimey about your approach. I see that you are a "marketeer". Well, I would suggest that you develop a more original approach to marketing.
The "free gift" thing sounds like an Amway comeon.

What brands of absinthe will you be serving?
Lmarchegrisiste
Posted on Monday, September 2, 2002 - 3:22 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am looking at having an absinthe party in a Cambridge art galley in late September. We will have wine, cheese and hors 'd'ouvres and a music group for up to 40 people. We are trading gallery space for a bottle with the gallery owner We will be requesting a $25 door donation.

Let the flame style slam on me begin. Each attack post brings the topic closer to the top of the list

Kallisti contact me to get your gift from us. Thanks
2loucheltrec
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

i'll take mine straight up with a twist of lime please... if your oblidging.
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 7:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Cumming right up sir.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 6:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Pikkler,
I'll take mine sideways w/a twist please.
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'd be happy to oblige, for a small fee of course...
Marc
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I checked the joint out on the web.
The Burren is an Irish pub that attracts yuppies and college kids. There's a thousand joints like it all over the country filled with loud assholes
who wouldn't know a bottle of absinthe if they sat on it. Or if it were delicately inserted up their rectal passageway by our very own pikkle.
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 5:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

May end up being "The Barren."
Marc
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"there is no charge to chat"

wow! How wonderful. One of the main reasons I stopped going to restaurants is that I can longer afford paying for the privilege of talking.A couple of appetizers, two entrees, a bottle of wine, a tip, and a chat charge. It all adds up.
I'll definitely have to check out The Burren when I get to Boston.
Lmarchegrisiste
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 5:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

As you are meeting at a bar and restaurant you can always order something else the Burren carries by the glass. There is no charge to chat during the breaks. The Burren doesn't carry absinthe. They are strict about not allowing customers to decant what they do not buy there. After the kitchen closes you can bring food. If you are in Boston drop in and listen to music over a beer.
Marc
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I know of several restaurants that allow me to bring my own absinthe to the table. As long as I share with the owner.

lemarche,
I hope your food is better than your communication skills.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 11:44 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Touche 2ly!
2loucheltrec
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 11:03 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

why pay someone like you when we can do what you do... unless we've become a bunch of lazy arses. let me recall ...18+(?) people, rented apartment, great city, 20+ bottles of verte or blanche,catered food, good people, good conversation, we would have had music but the owners of the apartment took their stereo with them ... how much did it cost? who cares?! friends don't charge friends for that kinda stuff! ... unless i can find some people i don't know and buy some cheap spanish stuff (they won't touch my good stuff), get some of my musically inclined friends to help or myself (but i haven't played since high school jazz band) and cater the food myself (i've got 16+ years in the food service business)... never mind ... it's been done already.
Lmarchegrisiste
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 9:55 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Kallisti

Feel free to move the thread
Lmarchegrisiste
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 9:53 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

If you want to be @ssholes why not just bust us through the union as the rate is currently such that it eats up most of the quote.

As far as breaking the law the same names on here being cranks are known for soliciting retail which is a local LE violation. We're delberately trying keep the size of the volume low to avoid flagging customs. As for ATF the hecklers are as much in violation as we are.

To make clear again we do not retail and would like to further clarify that we sure won't retail on the commercial premises where we meet you. We talked to all forms of LE already.

Local - "Its just booze to us don't sell on a commercial premises"

Customs - Keep your volume low or we'll enforce as commercial.

ATF - We have higher priority targets
"psst...I can't speak for our bureau but I see that the EU keeps it below 10mg shouldn't you? Care to volunteer to be case law, just kidding".

We'll never be Bettina's but it suits our comfort zone. Drop in and meet us give us a few days leadtime and we can negotiate the food. Ever try cutting food, pouring wine or absinthe and playing an instrument at the same time? Much better to use a CD and play in the breaks. Kallisti contact us for more info and a present.
2loucheltrec
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 9:18 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

shouldn't this be under announcements and not strictly absinthe collectibles?
pikkle i got the the number for the ATF right here in ... wait it's not there, it's ... not there either... i'll call when i find it.
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 7:11 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I did... twice.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 7:04 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Most nights I pour a little "something" from under the sink while listening to CDs and humming off-key.
For $5/person you can join me.
Don't call, just cum.
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 6:32 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

You have to pay an ad fee to Kallisti or you'll be permanently banned with extreme prejudice...
Wolfgang
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 6:05 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ya that's it, let's rent absinthe glass and don't sell the content which is just a bonus we gave away with the rental of the usually empty glass... Hahaha this thread should be lobotomised.
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 5:40 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I didn't know this was the "Rent Me" forum...
Anyone know the number to the ATF?
Lmarchegrisiste
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 5:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Reviewing the opportunities we came to the conclusion it makes more sense to include absinthe w bring in a wider home catering service than to retail it. This won't please everybody but who cares we aren't out to be all things to all people. It is expensive for a bottle not for our package of services at your home.

As for the Burren. We meet there regularly we are not the club or it's owner. Don't ask over the phone come in.
Marccampbell
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 2:07 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

what the fuck are you talking about?
Lmarchegrisiste
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 1:47 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Questions answered

live = selected CDs with accompanying by the caterer

a little = .750 ml
Lmarchegrisiste
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 1:38 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

For $300 for a group of up to 12 it is now possible to get a private home party catered with the above plus an unopened bottle of a little something Spanish by going to "The Burren" and asking the guests discreetly in the backroom on Tuesdays. Understand that the caterer is a patron and not "The Burren" itself.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page