Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

We don't need no water

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » The Monkey Hole » We don't need no water « Previous Next »

Traineraz
Posted on Wednesday, September 4, 2002 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Can my new name be PQLL? I promise to be alternately obnoxious and profound as the mood takes me.

I'll even cuss a lot. I mean, I'll fuckin cuss a fuckin lot. Cuz nuthin makes ya sound edumacated and classy like fuckin cussin every other fuckin word. Fuck!
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Tuesday, September 3, 2002 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'll be more than willing to host it from Uruguay. I assume absinthe is banned here too and home distilling also, but there is no equivalent of the ATF (the lucky Uruguayans were spared Prohibition), the problem is that I haven't the slightest idea on how to conduct a Forum.

If anybody can bring the know how, I'll pay for the bandwidth. (The recent devaluation allows me to be generous).
Mogan_David
Posted on Tuesday, September 3, 2002 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I apologize I didn't mean to start that up again, only to contribute a suggestion to the ideas already stated.

MD
Admin
Posted on Tuesday, September 3, 2002 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

GO!

DO IT!!!

Just DO NOT do it HERE!!!
Mogan_David
Posted on Tuesday, September 3, 2002 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

What about a forum where only people claiming to be from New Zealand could post.

That way no one is breaking any laws if the topic were to turn to hogsmacking.

Or maybe start an absinthe group on yahoo similar to this one.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Distillers/messages

Just an idea.

MD
Admin
Posted on Tuesday, September 3, 2002 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

Agreed, except for the hogsmacking part.

knock yer'sef out. I, for obvious reasons, cannot do it here. but do it out of this country, and don't talk about it here.

Quote:

Maybe it's time for Kali to dance on the bones of this place and let wormwood spring up in her footsteps.

Right. My idea exactly. Yer all banned. Please re-register.

heeeheee.
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Tuesday, September 3, 2002 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wolfgang, check your email for a suggestion regarding the location thing. Anyone else want in on that conversation, email me.

Not posting it here tho.

Kallisti! What do you think of all this?
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, September 3, 2002 - 8:15 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Agreed, except for the hogsmacking part.

As I said in the other thread, we need a forum based where absinthe (and home-brewing) is legal. For exemple, Germany would be fine. The physical server should be there and it would be a good idea to have also our official admin living there.

What should be banned is not the subjects of discussion but the *physical location* of the members. Not even the continent should be mentioned.

I would be volunteer to become co-admin/moderator of such a forum (I already am co-admin of a >300 members forum so I have some experience).

I would separate it in two. An absinthe related section and a whatever else section. It would be great to keep the same forum software, it's great and have keywords search utilities that are great.

Now who's gonne do it ?
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Tuesday, September 3, 2002 - 3:14 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I haven't been reading here much (too many titties appearing on the screen at the same time my IT dept says things like 'we are auditing the machines...')

And despair and lack of time and things of that sort.

So I come back, and I see Pikkle banished, and everyone bitching about how the forum is dying- only this time it actually is. Not many posts these days.

Crushed by the weight of our own history, maybe? Bridges burned and flames flamed?

Kallisti just getting bloody tired of being the Mom around here?

All the old men and ladies sitting in our Depends and bitching about this and that. Remembering who insulted who and who is an asshole and who isn't and it's all senile bullshit.

Our Depends are full goddamn it!

Burn it down.

Start it over.

New usernames, new format.

Nobody banned becuase there is no history.

No rules starting out, except maybe the hogsmacking one.

Maybe shared admin rights and responsibilities, shared costs for bandwidth- I toss these cookies out there only because I get the feeling Kallisti might be fucking tired of cleaning spilled Kool-Aid off the floor all by herself every time (and if not, nevermind- I like it in her livingroom...)

Maybe it's time for Kali to dance on the bones of this place and let wormwood spring up in her footsteps.

What do you all think?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page