Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through September 08, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » The commercialization of absinthe produces monsters » Archive through September 08, 2002 « Previous Next »

Lmarchegrisiste
Posted on Sunday, September 8, 2002 - 1:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sterling thats Charles Leavell's outfit I have spoken with him a few times when they had trouble using Sterling. Sterlng used to belong to the grandfather of one of my friends when it was still used for forestry.
I suggested that Leavell team up with Columbia University Medieval Studies. I thought to stage it at one of the fields and in cottages at what used to be my friends grandfathers house instead. His Grandad left it to Columbia and most of his fortune too. My friend Mason who is painting and raising Clydesdales in Norfolk CT is a former circus performer and artist and has the same first name as the house.

I can see a promoter in Washington Square getting a girlfriend to pass out their flyers with it. Too fancy for us though. It reminds me of the guy who runs around in the Cavalier costume passing out flyers for the Hell Night party near MIT
_Blackjack
Posted on Sunday, September 8, 2002 - 7:09 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have friends who do, and so I show up occasionally. I worked one summer, when I was 17. It's an amusing summer job for a high-school kid, but as a lifestyle choice, it's kinda sad...
Nolamour
Posted on Sunday, September 8, 2002 - 1:21 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

JEEEZUS H. CHRIST...I think I've got a hard on.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1379695179
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Sunday, September 8, 2002 - 12:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Marc isn't just asking.

He 'does' the ren faire circuit, if you know what I mean... wink wink, nudge nudge.
Marccampbell
Posted on Saturday, September 7, 2002 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

black,

do you do the Ren Fair circuit?
_Blackjack
Posted on Saturday, September 7, 2002 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

No, seriously, I think I've met her. I think she does the Ren Fair circuit.
Bellypock
Posted on Saturday, September 7, 2002 - 10:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Mom?!?!
Marccampbell
Posted on Saturday, September 7, 2002 - 9:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

yeah, but I fucked her.
Anatomist
Posted on Saturday, September 7, 2002 - 9:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

If you look under 'seller's other auctions' the explanation is quite simple: she's one of those medievalist geeks that's into Renaissance festivals, the SCA, etc... Apparently she is quite a prolific seamstress. I'm with Rabid. She seems to be enjoying her geekhood, and in being so flagrant about it, demonstrates more balls than a bunch of vicious armchair cynics who somehow manage to balance delusions of their own uber-coolness with the reality of all the time they have available to devote to net fora. Long live the geek girl!
Marccampbell
Posted on Saturday, September 7, 2002 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I can't believe it but there are still no bids on that tasty green fairy costume. Comeon trainer, I bet they'll make it in your size. Accessorize it with the green wig and dye your beard a nice shade of emerald and you'll be a hit at the Halloween ball. Very fairy.
Marccampbell
Posted on Saturday, September 7, 2002 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

trainer,

pay attention. I mix it up.
Admin
Posted on Saturday, September 7, 2002 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

that's my new girlfriend.
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Saturday, September 7, 2002 - 2:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Man, screw all that- she's having fun.

She fucking rocks.
Traineraz
Posted on Saturday, September 7, 2002 - 1:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Interesting, for someone who complains so much about the decline of art/poetry/music discussion on this forum, and how it's all about sex and silliness, you do spend an awful lot of time cussing like a college freshman away from Mommy for the first time and talking about your dick and where it may have been.

Way to inspire those transcendent discussions!

(Maybe Marc is really Pikkle in disguise? Has anyone ever seen them together? Hmmmmm . . .)
Marccampbell
Posted on Saturday, September 7, 2002 - 2:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I think I fucked her.
_Blackjack
Posted on Friday, September 6, 2002 - 9:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Shit. I think I know her...
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Friday, September 6, 2002 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Jesus, you guys are cruel!

She's probably a very fun woman with a great sense of humor who's fond of absinthe. I hope she's got a great sense of humor, anyway. She might just be lurking on this forum.
Traineraz
Posted on Friday, September 6, 2002 - 7:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

She's probably the Silly Seamstress herself.

I guess that makes it a spec costume . . . produced assuming there's another chick with a beer belly out there who would choose to show it off?
Greenmeanie
Posted on Friday, September 6, 2002 - 4:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Lapsing....into.....coma......somebody shoot me....PLEASE!!!!
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, September 6, 2002 - 7:28 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

She's no great beauty ... but then again, neither were the models from absinthe ads 90 years ago:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2137217957
Nascentvirion
Posted on Friday, September 6, 2002 - 7:13 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Gag, She needs to be drug out into the street and beat to death with empty absinthe bottles. Its these types of dillusional people that are holding mankind back from progression.
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, September 6, 2002 - 7:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hair today, absinthe tomorrow:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=957908956
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, September 6, 2002 - 7:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Kylie Minogue sure has changed since "Moulin Rouge" came out.
Absinthespoon
Posted on Friday, September 6, 2002 - 7:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

ow! my eyes!
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, September 6, 2002 - 7:01 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sometimes I wish that absinthe had never risen from the underground:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1765414247

Be sure to scroll down and see all the pictures. She looks like she's having fun! Nothing wrong with that, and yet ...

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page