Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

King size (16 oz.) repro absinthe gl...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » King size (16 oz.) repro absinthe glass « Previous Next »

Wolfgang
Posted on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 10:53 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wolfgang
Posted on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 10:53 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Of course, 15oz absinthe and a couple of ice cubes could do ;-)
Petermarc
Posted on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 8:50 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

but then again, 'ratio' is in the eyes of the beholder...
Wolfgang
Posted on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 8:01 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

16 oz glass...filled to oz that means about 2.5oz absinthe and 12.5oz water (5:1 ratio). huge glass indeed.
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 6:38 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Shiloh, this king-size glass is for two-fisted absinthe drinkers with a man-sized thirst. So, belly up to the zinc bar and have a tall one! You know that Verlaine would!
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 6:37 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Absinthespoon ... don't worry. The good news is that most eBay buyers don't read this forum, and even fewer would be willing to buy a case of 12 gargantuan glasses (which is the minimum quantity sold by the wholesellers). Even I wouldn't purchase a case! However, I'd be happy to buy one of these glasses, just for fun, for $15+ ... and so would others around here :-)
Nolamour
Posted on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 9:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

This is true and goes for the sellers as well. Some of the items in the eBay absinthe topic are ridiculous. Although, they must sell a hell of a lot of mass printed posters.

Now, we just find a good K-Mart fountain to sell...that's where the bucks are.
Absinthespoon
Posted on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I thought this was our little secret Chev! Oh well... Luckily not all eBay absinthe paraphenalia buyers read this forum.

Cheers!
Shiloh
Posted on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 7:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

16oz. glasses seem rather large, if you ask me :\
Petermarc
Posted on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 3:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

not bad at all...
Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 12:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

http://www.servu-online.com/subpages/Products.asp?dept=6&cat=70&grp=1978

Just a suggestion: Buy a dozen glasses. Keep one or more; sell the rest on eBay.

And when you're at home, sipping a tall green one and counting all the money you'll have made on eBay, why not think of Chevalier and send him a glass? Seriously! :-)

(BTW, this particular glass isn't made in any other size.)
Zman7
Posted on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 12:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Of course.
Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Heavy pressed glass. Tall (8.5"). Made by a U.S. company. Cheaply priced! Anyone want to know more?

my picture

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page