Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Check your local Target...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Check your local Target... « Previous Next »

Crowlyman
Posted on Saturday, September 14, 2002 - 5:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I just pick one up... It goes great with the glasses i picked up from Kohl's the other week.
Bellypock
Posted on Saturday, September 14, 2002 - 11:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

OK, I have no idea why it didn't prompt me for the location to upload it from before, but it seems to be working now. I like that it doesn't look
a) like a vase (no offense intended)
b) too modern

Now to scour the Pier 1 type places for a suitable pedestal...

Eric
Bellypock
Posted on Saturday, September 14, 2002 - 11:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

OK, let's try it with the front view.

Under 50K? Check (was before this)

fountain2

Tag looks good. Here we go....
_Blackjack
Posted on Saturday, September 14, 2002 - 10:27 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I picked one up lat night They are on clearance, so they aren't necessarily in a logical place. I'd just about given up on finding one when I happened to upon them next to the shelf paper. I squealed lous enough to scare a gaggle of teenaged girls.

For $14 bucks, it's pretty cool.
Mogan_David
Posted on Saturday, September 14, 2002 - 8:05 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Belly,

The main thing with posting images is that they need to be under 50K bytes in length. For most pictures you'll need to open them in PhotoShop or some similar program and re-save them with different jpeg compression so that they are under the 50K limit.

The second most important thing is that you put some sort of name within the brackets that follow the image command "/image{picture}". (used a forward slash instead of a backslash so the command would show up)

After that it should be a pretty straight forward process.

fountain
Nolamour
Posted on Saturday, September 14, 2002 - 12:18 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Target eh?

That looks like some old (late 1800's) decanters I've seen at the apothecary shop here. Or containers from a doctors office. No spigots on them though.
Greenmeanie
Posted on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Belly!
Bellypock
Posted on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ok, since posting a pic didn't work, here's a link to a pic of it.

dispenser

My description is in the post below.

BTW, would still like to figure out why I can't post pics.

Eric
Bellypock
Posted on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Here are the pics of the dispenser. The spigot actually uses a screw mechanism, which allows a lot of flow control. As with most of this type, you need some sort of pedestal to set it on to get it over the glass.

fountain1

fountain2

Oops! OK, how do I post these things? It's not prompting me for a location to get them from.
Greenmeanie
Posted on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 11:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hopefully your samples were well thought out. This hobby can get $$$!

Don't forget to let us know how the samples are.
Bellypock
Posted on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 10:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Will do. Just to disperse any confusion, the extras I was talking about are my first forays into the sampling arena. Excuse me, while I go check the mailbox for the tenth time today.... :)

Eric
Greenmeanie
Posted on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 9:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

My thing with Markus' glasses is that I want to know if they will fit under the spigot of the small fountain. Otherwise they are EXACTLY what I've been looking for.

Markus tells me that he will post (here and on his site) the dimensions, volume, thickness, etc. of the fountains once he gets them. He was thinking he'd get them today (Friday).
Greenmeanie
Posted on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 9:47 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Belly,
Post ASAP PLEASE! I'm ready to order from Markus as soon as he gives me some additional info on the fountains. But I can hold out for the glasses and extras :).

Pata,
Funny how those lines work out, eh!
Pataphysician
Posted on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 8:49 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh, yeah, these are definitely budget glasses. $2 each. They'll never be mistaken for vintage. Perfect for your butterfingered guests. But it amuses me that the first line in the goblet marks 1 ounce and the third line marks 6 ounces and a spoon fits perfectly on the rim.
Bellypock
Posted on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 8:46 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I've got some of Markus' glasses on their way to me (along with some other 'items of interest' :) ). He shipped early last week, so hopefully I should have them (if the 2 week estimates I've heard are accurate) next week. I'll put up a brief 'review' when they arrive.

Eric
Greenmeanie
Posted on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 8:38 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Pata,

I saw them in person last weekend. Someone had posted them previously. They are nice AND inexpensive. Heavy too. Not quite what I am looking for, but nice none the less. I'm holding out for an intermediate sized swirl glass. Markus has a nice one that I may jump on when I get the fountain.
Pataphysician
Posted on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 8:24 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

And while you're at it pick up some Tartan Goblets, with the handy dose marks for Absinthe use. (Second from the left). 4 for $8.

tartan
Bellypock
Posted on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 8:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Found a glass beverage dispenser. Cylindrical with a chrome spigot and a glass top. Looks to hold a gallon. $13.99. I'm going to grab one tomorrow and I'll post a pic for the board here when I do.

Eric

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page