Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

THE MOVIE THAT CHANGED MY LIFE

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Arts & Other Philosophical Sundries » FILM FORUM » THE MOVIE THAT CHANGED MY LIFE « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through September 15, 2002Shayne25 9-15-02  6:36 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Shayne
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 1:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Poker, no we're talking about South of Heaven, West of Hell..directed and starring Dwight Yokum it's probably one of the better westerns I've seen.
Snake, I think I felt that way too 'bout Fonda but he and BB Thornton were just cameos all in all as almost was Bud Cort(guvment man). Probably wanted to be part of it for kicks or just adding thier names for Box Office. After he ran out of money before he finished it.. and his Daddy picked it up and bailed him out.
Barsnake
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 10:04 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

yeah the music was annoying - kinda expected more from a musician...
I loved the jail scene...
there was a realism that you think it just had to be like that...
Didn't need Peter Fonda's bit - but
All in all enjoyable.
Pokerface11
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 9:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Are you talking about RIO BRAVO?
Shayne
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 9:31 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

To be struck from the begining with the grit ..well thats to be expected. then finding the shit hole in the jail well I figured someone had to figure out people back then took a crap and not just in outhouses. Shooting one 'nother and only wounding, thank god having handled guns most of my life one thing I always hated was people getting shot and staying down, Bulshit!!
But combine that with the language, possible rape, and a good story line done by more than passible acting Boy Howdy....Why did they want to torture me with that Damn Music especially at the end ,,,I expected Dean Martin to walk out! Great Damn Movie I'm in the process of getting a copy. Thanks for the turn on.
Barsnake
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 9:16 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

OK - Shayne
SHWH? What should we discuss?
Did you like it? - Not?
Talk me...
Shayne
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 7:15 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Nils, ask for help setting up in the profile page I think you'll find some of these problems can be easily fixed. unlike my posts.
Nilson
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 6:56 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Don't mean to be lazy, but...

if I can't bookmark the film forum here, I may not visit as much. I can only bookmark the general forum page, then have to travel down through the tree to get here. I try bookmarking when I get here, but it only stores the general forum URL.

Then, when I arrive, my last posting is often already in an archive and I have to go into that to figure out if anyone answered. Plus the obvious reversal of posting order, so one doesn't arrive where one left off.

Don't take this as nitpicking, take it as constructive criticism. I'm sure this stuff can be fixed.
Shayne
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 6:36 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I would have to say Freaks changed my life, when I saw all those wonderful caring people on screen I said to myself "if there's a circus out there like that I know I can find my people!" And here I am!
Shayne
Posted on Sunday, September 15, 2002 - 6:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Honestly, I felt at times like I was reading the Forums over a NYT while I was watching it.
Pokerface11
Posted on Sunday, September 15, 2002 - 6:40 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Shayne - Gotta go now. See ya later, maybe. Email me AT MY EARTHLINK ACCOUNT if you want to chat.
Pokerface11
Posted on Sunday, September 15, 2002 - 6:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Neither, shayne. You'll keep on keeping on in your own great style. I'd seen that BUFFY before so I knew the trick, but it was still a bit of a shock.

BUFFY has changed me life. It's very deep and very shallow, fanciful and too real for words. It's like life.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page